Options

Creating Multiple Desktop RDP Connections Version 6.0

james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys, I'm hooking some computers up with RDP connections that connect to the same server. This one Server has multiple applications users need to get to, ie the IP address is the same. They need to be set to auto login, to make it full proof for the users to get to. Previously I would just create a bunch of RDPs on the desktop and everything was good. Now with version 6.0, I create 1 RDP with a username and password, I do not check the always ask for credentials box, and everything is golden. Double click the RDP, and I'm straight into the application. Now I go to create the second desktop icon, same IP address, different username and password. Everything is great, accept that this also changes the first RDP credentials I created, what I have is essentially 2 RDP icons with the same login credentials as the second one I created, the only difference obviously is the name of the RDP Icon on the desktop, as I saved as a different name.

Anyone know a way around this apart from uninstalling the new RDP and installing the previous version?

Thanks!
James.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried opening a new RDP session, entering the information, then use the "Save As" option?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Better yet, use the Remote Desktops MMC from the Administrative Tools if possible, rather than the regular Remote Desktop Connection. You can also do it by opening a blank MMC and Add/Remove SnapIn, Remote Desktop. Then add the server in as a new connection, you can use the IP Address or name, and you can call it whatever you want. I tested by adding the same server by IP twice, named each one differently, and saved a different user name for each connection, which worked.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's awesome, thanks Mark!

James.