To all who had been done or working on A+ 2006

QuestionTimeQuestionTime Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all:

I am just struggling a bit on 2003 exams since I have about 30 days left before the exam retired. I've been studied 2003 for about 2 months so far and going to work on all the sample questions in the coming 2 weeks. So far, my scored is about 60 - 70%. Should I go for the 2006 exam instead ?

If I am going to work on 2006 version , the book I bought for 2003 is useless ? Or 2006 required the old stuff + new tech ?

Any recommendation how I can approach from 2003 version to 2007 version ?

Please reply if anyone is struggling like I do.

Thankx
The better a man is , the more mistakes he will make . Peter Drucker!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you downloaded the objectives for both 2003 and 2006 objectives? Perhaps compare these before 'freaking' that a book you purchased is going to be useless.

I think you'll see it's not as bad as you may be anticipating.

BTW, you have plenty of time to take the 2003 exam and not worry about which exams to take...you've been studying and now it's time to test your understanding. Get the 2003 schedule and get it past you :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • QuestionTimeQuestionTime Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I check the specification on both 2003 and 2006 versions, it pretty much look same to me except prices are difference. What I've been told 2006 included with Vista material and stuff like this ... and that's why I am worrying in which I had no experience on Vista at all. Also 2006 included most of the new technology from some other posting in this forum it also asked for SLI questions......

The biggest question is should I go for 2003 (Which I am not completely ready) or go for 2006 ? Sigh ! Coz there is only 1 month time left.

Thx
  • BPM_33BPM_33 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is no Windows Vista on the 2006 exam.

It focuses predominantly on Windows NT/2000/XP.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    BPM_33 wrote:
    There is no Windows Vista on the 2006 exam.

It focuses predominantly on Windows NT/2000/XP.
    I heard that there is a focus on just Windows 2000, XP, and the MCE editions. NT 4.0 and lower are not being discussed.

Edit:

After reading the Essentials it seems that they "may" refer to Windows 9x and NT in regards to upgrading.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    If I am studying using my ExamCram 2 for 220-301 and 220-302, plus some heavy studying on Windows 2000/XP... I should be able to pass the 2006 exam without problem ?
    Coz the hardware exam is basically the same concept.

Or should I go get a new book for exam 2006 ?

Thx
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    If I am studying using my ExamCram 2 for 220-301 and 220-302, plus some heavy studying on Windows 2000/XP... I should be able to pass the 2006 exam without problem ?

Thx
    The new exams seem to be a mixture of OS and Hardware. I think that you might not have a problem with the new exams with your current studies. Just make sure you have a look over the objectives when choosing your path between 601 and the 602, 603, or 604 respectively.

- 220-601 (Essentials) -
    - 220-602 (IT Technician) -
    - 220-603 (Remote Support Technician) -
    - 220-604 (Depot Technician) -
    - Acronyms -
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • BPM_33BPM_33 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□

Thx

Depends. I was initially studying w/ the ExamCram book (which was too technical for the exam IMO) but I switched to the Sybex book for 2006 test.

It helped tremendously. Especially w/ their layout & the chapter on the soft skills.

So, that worked for me (865 on the 601, 805 on the 602).
    Thankx for everyone's reply.

Just wondering other than Sybex book for 2006, any other good book for 2006 exam recommended.

Has anyone try to studying ExamCram2 for 2003 exam + heavy study on OS part
    For my understanding the Hardware part is pretty much same , but the OS part they are now focusing on Windows 2000/XP/NT. Has anyone using 2003 to pass 2006 exam ?

I was trying to save some $ not to buy another book for 2007... I guess I am cheap but please understand this issue.

Thankx