Options

Iphone..

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
..So how many of you are as excited as I am?

Release date, June 29th. YES YES YES!!

I can't wait.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin

I can't wait.
    Are you really going to spend $499/$599US on a 1.0 release from Apple that is only available to Cingular customers? That's a lot of money to spend on a device that you'll be replacing in under two years.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    contract? pay $99.. :-p
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    locheylochey Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    contract? pay $99.. :-p

No, $599 is the price with a 2 year contract.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, $599 is the price with a 2 year contract.

You said WHAT???

I can't believe people actually spend that much on gadgets like this.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    not worth it....I'm sure the Isheep will disagree......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:

I can't wait.
    Are you really going to spend $499/$599US on a 1.0 release from Apple that is only available to Cingular customers? That's a lot of money to spend on a device that you'll be replacing in under two years.
    Yes I probably am going to spend that much, I don't have anything else to spend my money on.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:

I can't wait.
    Yes I probably am going to spend that much, I don't have anything else to spend my money on.

Give it to me! In all seriousness, I think it costs too much.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    meh, its probably cool, but i'll wait a few years and see if the price comes down.

• Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    I'd rather spend $150-200 on a new Blackberry activation... I don't give a flying you-know-what about most features on fancy phones anyway.
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    I agree it's a tad-bit expensive.

But when you take into consideration that it's a phone, ipod and internet communication device.

Phone with internet capability = $150 - $300
    Ipod = $279

If you buy a top of the range phone with decent capabilities, you're looking around $300.

Total of above will round out to be near to $600.

When you add all the parts together it's not a bad price.
    I don't have an ipod, i have always wanted one... my nokia N80 died about a month ago (brother dropped it in water). So, ipod and phone in one... score.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey man, no need to explain yourself to the likes of us :)

It's your money, you are entitled to spend it on whatever you please. Hope you like it!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    ipod =30,60, or 80 ggs right?

aren't these phones just a few gigs/ ...

• Options
    Yes 4 or 8 gigs.

But seriously, how's going to have 80 gigs of music on one ipod?

I myself do have 53 gigs of music on my computer, but once i've decided what to put on an ipod, it'll barely be 3 or 4 gigs.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes 4 or 8 gigs.

But seriously, how's going to have 80 gigs of music on one ipod?

I myself do have 53 gigs of music on my computer, but once i've decided what to put on an ipod, it'll barely be 3 or 4 gigs.

I have 80 gigs of music on my 80 gig ipod and routinely cycle things off to add more. I could fill a few of them so there's not really much else I can do.

I'll never buy another version 1 mac product again, after my previous ibook had to be RMA's twice. It was an experiment that wound up being a huge pain in the ass. The iPhone is neat but I need the functionality of a blackberry. I already have an iPod, and I've got t mobile, so whatever.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Speaking of music, I can't wait for Zune 2.0. It's rumored that the screen will take up 75% of the screen, will be as thing as an IPOD, will have more space than the current Zune (I think I heard 80GB), etc... I tried getting an IPOD, but Itunes will not work on my computer. I spent countless hours trying so many things I read online, but nothing. The current Zune is just way too big.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What do you mean iTunes doesn't work on your computer? Does it not install? does it not interface with your iPod?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Ya, I guess I could've gone into more detail. It won't sync. Trust me, I've tried everything possible. I've went to the extent of doing things like disabling write caching on my hard drives, etc... It's not a malfunctioning hard drive, cable, or ipod either. Everything works fine on my buddies PC.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I did look at them out of interest but came accross and article about someone who had tested them and didnt like the touch screen very much and reverted back to a normal 'buttoned' phone.

I wouldnt pay $500 for one though, can think of better things to put it to use on. icon_cool.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools