Options

PAGE_FAULT?

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
Okay so while i was on my other computer a few minutes ago i got BSOD - this has happened a quite a few times in the past few weeks so i decided to post...

someting to the effect of "PAGE_FAULT_FOUND_IN_NONPAGE_AREA" for win32.sys (or something close)... any ideas what this is/
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The blue screen you're seeing, (unless you're on an older Windows 9x system,) is not a Windows blue screen, it's a hardware error. We used to call it an "IBM Big-Blue Screen". From the looks of it, you're getting a memory error. Or, rather, your system is losing track of where the pagefile is on the disk, which could be caused by faulty memory or possibly the memory bus on the motherboard. Try running a utility like memtest86 on your computer, to be sure that your memory is alright. If it checks out, it might be time to check the computer in for repairs, if you're unsure of how to troubleshoot other hardware problems yourself.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    i'm half hoping the motherboard is on its way out so i can have an excuse to upgrade.

anyway since this happened it seems i can't even get into windows.

oh, and to give some more info on this system, we've had this problem for a long time where we would turn the computer on and it would not boot up.. no POST... no display on the monitor. eventually it'll come on, but its easier just to turn it off for a while and turn it on... if you restart the computer, it will not come back up.

makes software upgrades a bastard...

edit: update, i can get into safe mode, but i'm still apparently locking up at the "Windows is starting up..." screen.

grrrr. i guess its time for a clean installation....

• Options
    well somehow the PC in the OP is working again... and now i'm reinstalling server 2003 on my server... speaking of that, i jsut got another blue stop error screen... IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL at 39minutes. hopefully this time it'll work without error though.

wish this stuff would just go away. but it looks like we may be building or buying a new computer soon enough. we're going to be selling some dells @ work soon so maybe i'll buy one.

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like you've got a bad RAM stick as mentioned, or your CPU is overheating. I'd suggest taking out one stick at a time and also running Memtest to find the bad stick.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680