Options

Length of course!

jonlad11jonlad11 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can i ask everyone who has completed the 290 how long it took them to complete from starting to read the book to passing the exam?

i have given myself till the end of july to pass and have got another one or two chapters to read.

thank!

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jonlad11 wrote:
    Can i ask everyone who has completed the 290 how long it took them to complete from starting to read the book to passing the exam?

i have given myself till the end of july to pass and have got another one or two chapters to read.

thank!

I started studying on May 21st with the MS Press book and a home lab. I took the test and passed on June 4th. Some of those days I didn't study at all...I would say I did a total of about 2 weeks of 4 hours per day studying. The most useful thing was having a home lab, the second most useful thing were practice questions.

I only scored a 771, but I don't think that if I studied for another two weeks that I would have scored significantly better.

I have almost 20 years of IT experience in many functions, so your mileage may vary.

It sounds like to me you've given yourself plenty of time to achieve your goal.
  • Options
    nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 5 days... from opening the first page to the end of the exam....

Experience played a big part in it though... :)