Options

Titan Voice - Anyone ever hear of it?

StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
I was outside Madison Square Garden (New York) when I was approached by a woman literally recruiting on the sidewalk with a pen and a notebook (I was wearing business clothes). She gave me a business card and said she would contact me. It's a VoIP company, but I've never heard of it and I can't find anything on Google. Anyone better at searching then I am? I'd like to know more about their company before I start talking with them or give them any more information.

Comments

• Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Can't find anything either. Sounds like a joke; a small-time company.
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Stotic wrote:
    She gave me a business card and said she would contact me. It's a VoIP company, but I've never heard of it and I can't find anything on Google.

Does the business car not have the web address? - Strange

I dont know about the US but in the UK the company would have to be pretty desperate to go out into the street to recruit ...... is this a common thing in NYC/the US?
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    malcybood wrote:
    Stotic wrote:
    She gave me a business card and said she would contact me. It's a VoIP company, but I've never heard of it and I can't find anything on Google.

Does the business car not have the web address? - Strange

I dont know about the US but in the UK the company would have to be pretty desperate to go out into the street to recruit ...... is this a common thing in NYC/the US?

As far as I know it is not common. I had a similar situation happen to me recently. Someone came up to me while I was pumping gas and said they were a Senior Developer for an E-commerce company and asked where I worked and what I did. They he asked if I was interested in doing some work on the side. I gave him my email address and he game me his business card. This happened about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard from him. Funny thing is I did a Google search for the company name and found nothing about it. I do have a phone number though I find it funny there is no website on the card but the person I talked to said they did stuff for Circuit City, Best buy and a couple other big name companies.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    enfoenfo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i actually just had the same thing happen to me.

i was leaving work and some lady asked me what i do and if i like my job. she said its a billion dollar company and all that, which makes it seem wierd that they would recruit people on the streets of new york.

the lady wasnt clear on what the company did and what kind of positions they had available so i was giving her a hard time asking questions. she gave me her card/number, but it had no website.

i just googled the name of the company, "Titan Voice" and all i found was this page.

i guess its all a scam or something. i've seen the same people around the way so tomorrow Im going to stop one of them and ask them wtf is going on.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    You might try asking about Titan Voice in the VoIP forums at dslreports.com: http://www.dslreports.com/forums/59
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Yes yes I remember you, lets get your application started....Name....great....address....yup....Social Security no.....No No don't call us, we'll call you...."
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    nangananga Member Posts: 201
    seems like some is doing some social engineering attack :P ..getting ur email add and phone nos and ur details abt the company
  • Options
    SutrologistSutrologist Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stotic wrote:
    I was outside Madison Square Garden (New York) when I was approached by a woman literally recruiting on the sidewalk with a pen and a notebook (I was wearing business clothes). She gave me a business card and said she would contact me. It's a VoIP company, but I've never heard of it and I can't find anything on Google. Anyone better at searching then I am? I'd like to know more about their company before I start talking with them or give them any more information.

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif: You not the only one, today a girl call me and my friend, and told us that a company is looking for people. Anyway, to make the story short, I am also trying to find information about them and that when I found someone asking the same question I had
  • Options
    SutrologistSutrologist Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Damn, i thought I would have been the only one lost about this company. If anyone find something can you just post it here?
  • Options
    HUMBLEHAVOCHUMBLEHAVOC Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Damn, i thought I would have been the only one lost about this company. If anyone find something can you just post it here?

I just had this guy on 6th ave stop me with the same opening lines! he handed me his card with his number and a myspace web addr.

From his number alone I found out that he just posted his resume on craigslist just the day before, he listed a set of car rims because he claims he needed the cash and that the DOMAIN "TITANVOICE" expired in January 07.

You guys take it from there!

very professional ..............

I would leave my job for that ! nice icon_cyclops_ani.gif
  • Options
    rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This may be in reference to a product called the 'Titan DACS'. The Titan DACS is a digital cross connect system for DSx facilities.

Please follow this link for your reference

http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/9909/msg00203.html

Thanks!

Rob
  • Options
    jvasquez1110jvasquez1110 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was approached by the guy and he gave me a brief summation about the company. It is a Voice over IP company (VoIP). He called me and I was supposed to meet up with him and his associate. I had to cancel something came up at the last minute. They sound like they are in the up and up. I think they are putting their company name out there...
  • Options
    jvasquez1110jvasquez1110 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are like a Vonage company....
  • Options
    thetrickedonethetrickedone Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stotic wrote:

Titan voice is a trick from all those who are trying to make a quick buck coning people, they coned me, but through litigation I was able to recuperate part of my so called “investment” Beware! Really! These people are associated with “yor.com” another shady company that “provides” same services as Titan intends to. All they are looking for is your money. They have the same ethics as yor.com which was previously called “2by2.net” and prior to that had another name that I don’t recall right now, but when they are asked why the name change the response is “for marketing purposes.” And indeed they are. What happens is that once they are uncovered of their coning game, they have to change name. Do some research on Dennis Wong, how he was indicted by the U.S. government and is not in the U.S. anymore. Why? Because he was prohibited from engaging in this kind of activity or else he would be harshly penalized. No wonder these guys try to promote him as a multimillionaire that lives everywhere but the U.S. Isn’t that funny. But be careful to tell them they are a scam. You would be called an ignorant who does not know about business. They would use all means possible to make you join. They use psychology to get you, and if you are weak-minded like I was, well, good luck.
    How much were you asked for to join the gang? This is how it works. There is already a pyramid above you. So when you join all those above you have to profit, however the link goes, and for you to make money, you have to make the links continue under you.

These people are unscrupulous, they will not stop for anything, and they rather loose friends. Who have you seen? Mr. Lau. That’s the biggest scumbag of them all, a 24 year old who everybody licks his ball.

They usually recruit at colleges, starbucks, and the like… Ohhh! By the way, Was your interview in a starbucks? This is done to save marketing spending (sarcastic tone) Were you explained that you have to read from a script at the beginning to attract your customers, your friends? Ohh! And watch out for that carbon copy they take after you write all the numbers from your cell phone down on a piece of paper… They use it later on to call those people using you as reference if you do not join… That’s how sleek they are…
    skepticism, your best adviser into rushing...
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've encountered people like this several times before. If someone is out recruiting strangers on the streets or at stores then it probably isn't a company you would want to associate with anyway. Just take their card and tell them that you'll call *them* if your interested.

They are clearly desperate.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Titan is such a broad name in IT, could be anyone. But I don't trust anyone who head hunts on a public street. Forget about it.
  • Options
    clayton.bigsbyclayton.bigsby Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There's a bunch of them that hangs out inside the public atrium of the Sony building on 55th St between 5th Ave and Madison Ave. They're usually there after 6pm.

At first, they looked like students getting together studying. They were all professionally dressed so I thought they were business students from a local college. But I noticed that all they did was talk. Then I noticed the most hilarious thing. They all had cell phones and one time they were all talking on their cell phones at the SAME TIME!

I sat next to one of them one time while they were "training" one of their recruits and I glanced over and saw on the top of one of the sheet of papers and it said "Titan Voice". I came home and googled it and came to this website.

Guess what? There's a StarBucks in that building too. LOL!
  • Options
    loveu278loveu278 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank u so much for warning me...i had an interview tomorrow in a starbucks...ironically...they called me up randomly said that someone referred me to an IT voice mail...the girl was really cheerful and really convincing....i Google it and couldn't find anything....until my sister did some magic and found the comment that u guys wrote....all in all thanks for saving my ass...