Options

70-297 Suggested Reading

BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
Looking for recommended reading for the 70-297 exam. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the Sybex book for this one.
MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex. I felt the book was written pretty well. One thing I did not like about it is the questions at the end of the Chapters. They were the same exact scenario after every chapter, with different questions. They didn't bother creating new scenarios for some diversification. But over, the meat of the material was well written.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Well, if you liked it, that's good enough for me. I'll just supplement it with other reading/practice case studies.

I'll be sitting the 70-294 exam this week, and will only need to finish 70-297 for my MCSE. It's been real, and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Hey Beaver, how did the exam go?
  • Options
    I haven't taken 70-297..are you inquiring about 70-294? I passed that with much room to spare :)

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24120

I plan on taking 70-297 in 3-4 weeks. After that, I might bang out 70-620 for MCTS in Vista Config, and then I'll start my SQL Server studies. Any way I look at it, I will be busy for many more months to come...and I love it!
  • Options
    Ya, I was talking about 70-294. I didn't see you post on 70-294 and I knew you were going to take it a bit ago, hence my inquiry. Congrats on the pass and good luck with 70-297!