Options

Which First?

dhavarddhavard Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok I am pulling my hair out because I can't figure out which test I should start with. I am needing my MCSE fairly quick. I can't decide on taking the Exam 70-270 first or the 70-290. Which one do you think would be the smart one to take first?

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    dhavard wrote:
    Ok I am pulling my hair out because I can't figure out which test I should start with. I am needing my MCSE fairly quick. I can't decide on taking the Exam 70-270 first or the 70-290. Which one do you think would be the smart one to take first?

Well I myself have not taken either yet but it seems alot of people will begin with the 70-270, for 70-290 it's best to have some hands on experience, for any exam for that matter. MCSE is not something in my opinion that really can be earned "fairly quickly" this certification is meant for a person with a good amount of experience and extpertise...

just my 2 cents :)
  • Options
    dhavarddhavard Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply. I totally agree that it is time consuming and requires experience. I have over 6 years experience in the field. I am taking the exam seriously and plan on taking my time. I say fairly quickly as in I am hoping not to spend 2 years on it. I hope to have it done in 8-10 months. That is my goal.
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    You may want to try out 70-270 since it's Windows XP.

I have been studying for the 70-290 for over six months and I still haven't got all the details down pat.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What kind of experience do you have? If you are an admin and you mostly work with 2003 server, start with 290. If you are a help desk tech and you mostly work with XP, start with 270. If I was starting the 2003 track from scratch, because of my experience, I would be starting with 290.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete