Options

To those who have passed the 70-290 and 70-270 exams

peteyppeteyp Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone this is my first post. First off id like to say thanks already to everyone on the forums you guys have already helped me out a lot by posting studying methods ect. Anyways my question to you guys who have passed both the 70-270 and 70-290 exams.... Which was more difficult. So far I've found the XP exam to be pretty difficult. Any replies thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my opinion 70-290 is a little more difficult. It seems that 290 builds up on 270 just like 291 builds up from 290. Hope that helps.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    hmm...I thought 270 was more difficult...studying for 290 first made more sense for me because you get to understand more about the server infrastructure before you worry about the client side of things.

For someone with no networking experience beyond the simple peer-to-peer file sharing, I think it's easier to learn the Windows AD, and Server environment, before having to worry about the desktop aspect on the client workstation aspect.

I mean, in real life, you would setup the server side first, before you setup your client desktops...so doesnt it make sense to learn the instrastructure first? ie. 290?

I think for the MCSA/MCSE...it's best to do 290 -> 270 -> 291 and etc...
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    70-290 was a little more difficult IMO.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought the 70-270 test was more difficult. Having said that though, I scored 100 points higher on it. I kind of laughed this test off in advance figuring I knew XP pretty well since I've been using it for years. After I started to study, I realized I didn't know anything at all. The MS press 70-20 book is a couple of inches thicker than the 70-290 book and it's for good reason.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a toss-up. Which probably means they are both about the same on the difficulty scale.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    resourcesresources Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello . I gave the exams 2 Days ago. Yes they are pretty hard. I speak greek so i dont practise often in English and i had to read each question not twice but 3 times before answering. It had a lot of Backup questions little about WSUS and simulations for NTFS and Share Permissions.
    If you study hard you will pass. I do google it also for more info when giving exams.
    A+ NETWORK+ MCP2000 MCP2003 (EC-COUNCIL) NSA CNST