Options

Passed Today

tawnostawnos Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with a 928. Spent forever using Transcender tests, Measureup tests, and the Microsoft book. Test was 45 questions with 5 sims (including 3 in the first 6 questions which had me kinda freaked on the time limit), 2 on WSUS (of which one was really about the windows update client portion), and quite a bit on terminal services. There wasn't much about IIS and there was nothing at all about networking or DNS. The most difficult questions to me (and the part it looks like i did worst on) were the sims about share/ntfs permissions which were quite cryptic. The wording was very non-specific and i was really just guessing about what interpretation to take about it. The backup questions were tricky and i'm glad i stuck to my original answers even though they seemed odd since i got all of the backup questions right apparently.

Now to decide if its 270 or 291 next. I'm hoping if i do 270 it will be much easier than starting from scratch and doing 290.

Comments

• Options
    rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your passing of the 290. I hope to sit both the 290 and 291 in less than 10 days from now. The 270 in my opinion was a tough test, but that was probably because it was the first MS exam I had taken.

Conversely, I thought the 271 was a piece of cake. I'm sitting the 272 in about 3 hours. How long did you study for this exam? You said you were freaked out about time...

Is this test like the CCNA in that you can not mark a question for review and come back to it later?
  • Options
    tawnostawnos Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can go back at the end to review answers. I was only worried about time because i got almost all of my sims right at the very start of the test, so extrapolating from that i would have been pretty close on time. Since i had almost no sims left after the first few questions, i ended up with plenty of time to finish the test and review.

This was the first time i had taken an exam so i'm hoping i'll have an easier time on the 270 test next.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job, congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. Going for the 70-291 next?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats, great score! And yea, getting all the sims lumped in the beginning of the test is daunting -- but I highly doubt you would have run out of time for this 4 hour test! :D