Options

How often does the objectives change?

Escobar411Escobar411 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to know because my book and the practice exam cd that came with it is base on the 2005 objectives is this still valid?

Comments

• Options
    blazepblazep Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2005 Objectives are up to date. You can go to the comptia website and get the exam objectives. I also think they have them on this site
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CompTIA usually updates there mainstream exams every 3-5 years. From what I have seen once they announce they are updating an exam it usually takes a long time before they actually do it.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Escobar411 wrote:
    I want to know because my book and the practice exam cd that came with it is base on the 2005 objectives is this still valid?

Looks like you answer has already been answered :)

I'll just add that don't sweat the book date too much...worst case you'll have a book that will cover all but the newest technologies....and it's pretty easy to pick up the newest stuff on-line or just through experience if you have a diverse enough job.

And really, the absolute worst case....you'll be buying another book :)

Not bad either way IMNSHO

But as mentioned...you're current.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Escobar411Escobar411 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the help. I found the tech notes here are just as good as my book but it has less pages so I'm using that mostly now. This is a great site!