Options

Would you buy these?

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Ive found 2 2600XM routers for $100.00 (no shipping) would you buy them?

Downside is they only have th built in fast ethernet port.

Router A

Cisco 2610XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 3.0) with 188416K/8192K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID JAE08127Q5B
M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2
1 FastEthernet interface
32K bytes of NVRAM.
32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(5a),
ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router B

Cisco 2610XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 4.0) with 127627K/3445K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FTX0947A07R
M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2
1 FastEthernet interface
32K bytes of NVRAM.

System flash directory:
File Length Name/status
1 28242376 C2600-ADVIPSERVICESK9-MZ.124-5A.BIN
[28242440 bytes used, 5311988 available, 33554428 total]

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Heck yeah I'd buy em.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Do they have the WIC cards? or just an emptly slot for them. If you need to by the WIC-1t card i would not buy them. With out the cards you should pay no more than $50
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    buy them, thats as good price for a 2600xm router.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Well a couple people say yes and one person says no........

Unfortunately I am at work and really dont have much time to investigate the value of these and how cheap it would be to get working in a lab and i dunno if i have to make a decision today.
  • Options
    Hey..it might be my bad on these. If it's 2 for a 100 then go for it. I bought mine recently for $49 each. I just had to buy a WIC 1t card which you will probably have to do. I got mine for about $39 each..problem is the guy i'm ordering them from is from Canada and it still hasn't come in the mail which sucks. If it's $50 each then go for it. You might even be buying from the same place i got mine at. They were in great condition.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kafifi13 wrote:
    I bought mine recently for $49 each.
    $50 for an empty 2610 is okay..... $50 for a 2610XM is excellent. If the shipping were $100 each -- it would still be a deal. :D

<subtracted 1 from the model number -- if it were a 2611, the shipping could be $150 each and it still would be a good deal>
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can always buy additional NM-1FE cards to add a second FE interface, you'd some WIC-1T interfaces for serial but they are good beginning to a lab for studies, they run 12.4 adv enterprise IOS and would be useable for studies in CCNA - CCIE. at $100 for 2 they are under priced vs. buying them on eBay. As long as you know they aren’t counterfeit and are able to buy a couple wic-1t to go with them, I would buy them.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone who is responding. I dont normally try to have other people make decisions for me, but i am really pressed for time on this matter. Kind of if you want them take them if not were shipping them off.

Mike you indicated that 2 for $100 2611XM would be a good buy. These are actually 2610XM was that just a typo?

The devices are sitting on my desk as I speak so i know of the external quality. Know they boot and they also have the rack mounts on the side.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm with mikej412 on this one. For a pair of 2611XM's, I'd say jump on it. You can do a whole lot worse for $200, and anything beefier will probably set you back more than that price for a single device.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike you indicated that 2 for $100 2611XM would be a good buy. These are actually 2610XM was that just a typo?
    Yeah... I corrected it as you were posting.... and I added the comment that if they were 2611XMs the shipping could be even higher and it would still be a gread deal.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can get a working lab for pretty cheap if you stay with 2924 switches and 2500 series routers. Or even 2610's 2611's...I got 3 2610's for 100 bucks the other day. If your main goal is CCNA, then just get some cheap stuff. IF you want to move on to CCNP or beyond, then you would want to get scalable or modular devices.

If you buy modular routers without cards, then the cards can start adding up $$$ FAST.
    I guess it depends on how cheap you can get cards for those 2610XM's if they have no cards.

Overall, when looking at market value for a 2600 series router or what it would cost new, 50 bucks is pretty damn cheap, card or no card.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Thanks Guys,

Im going to make the purchase.

Been a good day for my home lab. Couple of free PC and buying a couple of Cisco Routers.

Hmm......

So now i have:

3 Windows XP machines
    2 Debian
    1 fedora
    2 Windows 2003 servers
    3 25xx series routers
    2 2610XM routers

and 2 new PC's without harddrives.

So many toys and not enough time to play.

anyway.....ive seriously got to get back to work.
  • Options
    No switches? I'd recommend a couple of 2924 and a 2950 if you can get one cheap.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NICE!!

YA I just picked up some old P.C's from work the other day as well. I just bought a lab and I wanted some p.c's to generate some real traffic so I can sniff around and test NAT.

I got 4 Dell GX110's running WIN98 BABY... HAHA! icon_lol.gif

128 MB of RAM and a 6 GIG harddrive..OH YEAH icon_cool.gif

They will need some upgrades to bring them back from the stoneage but all I need is some traffic, nothing fancy. If I ever start on the MCSA track I will probably go fancy on the upgrades and OS's.

But I have a modern PC and 3 laptops...one being my g/f's...SO I should have enough resources to have some fun, as will you.

good luck!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    So they're $100 together? That's definitely worth the buy. And here I thought they were a hundred bucks each, and they'd still have been worth it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.