Options

Do transcender exam reflect the real exam?

GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
I have been practicing with the transcender exam and the questions covered are not in the 70-290 books. The Transcender questions are difficult.

How close are the transcender exams to the real exam?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    They're just about dead-on to the types of questions you'll see on the exams in terms of difficulty and writing-style. If you're taking a Transcender test every once in a while, and you're not scoring at least 80% - 85%, then you probably want to pick up another reference, (like a second book or something like CBT Nuggets,) to nail down some of those details you're missing.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    It is my experience and opinion that Transcenders is more difficult than the real exam.

I have not however taken any of the 2003 server exams.
  • Options
    tawnostawnos Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just recently passed the 70-290 and i found the Transcender tests to be both very close to the format of the tests and covering quite a few questions pretty much exactly. A number of the tricky exceptions and things that one might not know from reading the Microsoft book were covered in the Transcender tests. There were quite a few things covered on the Transcender tests that weren't on the real test and overall the Transcender questions were more difficult because the coverage was more extensive. In terms of depth of coverage i would rate Transcender Exams > real test > Microsoft book.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I passed my MCSE back in the day without trancenders. I have never used them. Back then they received criticism for being more or less the same questions as you received on the actual test so I avoided them completely.

Have things changed, or is it still pretty easy to pass these tests by using these things?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Turgon wrote:
    Have things changed....?
    I've used Transcenders a couple of times in the past, and while I do agree they lack some originality, they are too different to be considered ****/actual exams imo. It could differ per product/author, but it's mostly the style that's the same. And if you take the 100-200 most essential features/options related to the exam objectives for any MS exam, and write practice questions for those in a style similar to Microsoft, you're bound to end up with several similar questions or even variations of the real thing.
  • Options
    tel_s1234tel_s1234 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the 290 exam the other day and used transcenders. The transcenders were definitely harder than the exam in my opinion.
  • Options
    tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In my limited experience, Transcender exams are definitely harder than the actual exam.

70-271 Transcender exams, I scored 60-70%. On actual exam I scored 800.
    70-272 Transcender exams, I scored 70-80%. On actual exam I scored 918.