Options

A Question to all you infrastructure engineers

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello fellas,

this is probs one of them q's with god knows how many answers but....

basically im pursuing my mcsa and afterwards i was tossed between the ccna or the mcse - i have decided to go for the mcse for the time being because i basically have no oppurtunities with cisco kit at the mo. anyway my work position does not allow me to work on the windows infrastructure/admin side. i know if i study each exam topic for the mcse i will be able to pass the exams but i dont just want to be a paper cert. i know (and will) setup vmware labs and try and simulate as much as i can but would anyone recommend anything to know the material inside out so if i was sprung upon at work - i would know what i would be on about. or is it a case of basically keep building labs, flatten them, rebuild, flatten etc until techniques are drummed into me or is these just things that will come eventually once im in that type of job role?

cheers
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could pick up some part time side jobs building/managing small business networks. You would get the experience you are looking for plus a pretty decent part time job. Be careful with how much you take on though as it can be hard to get away from it if need be.
  • Options
    ive started thinkin about things like that but i cant seem to find any things like that. any suggestions on how to find these types of jobs? i live in the UK and where ive looked and asked about there doesnt seem to be much about - unless im not looking in the right place.

anyone from the UK know of anywhere i can find such jobs?

• Options
    bump ! :)