Options

trouble shootng stop/BSOD errors

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
Okay so for the past few days i've been trying to reinstall server 2003 on my server.

specs:
Pentium III 866Mhz
256MB ram
80gb hard drive

basically when i originally installed server 2003, i got a few errors on some DLLs and decided to reinstall since i got another copy out of another book. So i go to reinstall. ever since then its been BSOD/Stop error hell. 0x0000007E happened with 13 mother-asdfa;sldkjfa;lkdjfa;l minutes left!! Thats after i swapped the 80gb hard drive in. previously i had a 40gig drive and i couldn't even get past 39 minutes, so i swapped.

anysuggestion/tips? i really need to get this loaded back...
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I suspect it is either your RAM or wrong drivers.

This little free program will allow you to add drivers to the operating system. Burn your new cd with your hardware specific drivers and try again.

Run Memtest to check your memory or swap it out with another stick.
  • Options
    yeah i'll be picking up some memory next paycheck. unfortunently i have no money or no spare ram for this machine.i have some pc-133 (pc100 in there now) but i'm not sure i it'll work, and it looks to be too big to et the case back on.....

anyway it juts finished formatting so maybe it'll go through this time icon_sad.gif

• Options
    update: after the long NTFS format i somehow managed to install servre 03... sheesh, it took 3 days.

anyway, now its time to configure services.