Options

How many times did it take you to pass...

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
...Your driving test?

(Its certifaction/exam related to an extent icon_lol.gif )

Failed for the second time today icon_redface.gif

Opposite of what i failed for last time which takes the...ermm..... biscuit. icon_evil.gif
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed my driving test the first time, but failed the permit test because I forget my glasses and couldn't read the eye chart.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i had four tests never actually failed though, first time the car was hit by a taxi that turned the wrong way into the one way street i was driving down - test abandoned, second time car broke down - test abandoned, third time - heavy snow - test abandoned, passed on fourth attempt.......just!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    took the test 3 times.

first time they said i signaled too early or some stuff. 2nd time my brake lights magically went out. 3rd time was a pass.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed mine first time. It's completely unreal what my driving test included. I got in the car, drove across a major intersection into side streets, and then passed. It took me 45 seconds of driving. The person who was scoring me must have not cared or had something more important to intend to.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    We have graduate driver's testing in my province. Written->Level 1->Level 2 (Graduate licence)

I passed written in one shot, took me 2 times to get level 1, and 2 times to get level 2
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I passed mine the first try, the day I turned 16.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Passed both my theory and my practical driving tests first time (about 1 & 1/2 years between them though).

-Ken
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I failed my actual driving test once. It was about three days after my 16th birthday, and I was scheduled to have knee surgery the day after. Suffice it to say, my head wasn't exactly in the game. Two months later, when my knee had healed up, I retook the test and aced it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Sounds like i need to pop over to the US and pass there instead icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had to go to some driving school and pass a test, which was pretty easy. It was the toughest part about getting my license. Even though it was only a day class, there was this old man with poor hearing sitting next to me that I helped throughout the day. It was nightmarish...his earpiece kept falling out and I practically had to help him with his test while doing my own. I knew I'd fail...but I passed! o_O he did too. -_- Maybe the teacher just felt bad for me. The other students there were laughing at me the whole time. It was quite embarrassing.

I went and passed the written test. It was pretty easy, if I recall. I then practiced and took my driving test. My driving instructor was a nice, old lady...so she passed me.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Passed the written and driving sections on the first try icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    corey1980corey1980 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1st time. I live in Phoenix, AZ and I took my driving test in June when it was about 110 degrees outside. Well, my piece of crap truck at the time didn't have air conditioning and the people doing the test aren't allowed to roll down the windows. The first question my driving instructor asked when I got in the truck was how cold my AC was. I laughed and told him I didn't have any AC at all. We then proceeded to drive around the block 1 time and went back. I passed and was only on the road for about 30 seconds. I guess it paid having an old beat up truck for my driver's test :D
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Passed the drivers test first time.
    Passed the Class C test the first time in a fire truck.
    Passed the motorcycle endorsement first time.

What's the problem icon_confused.gif:
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Graduated license in Ontario:

- G1 (1st test - written and visual + 1 year driving with a licensed driver);
    - G2 (2nd test - road test + 1 more year before the G); and
    - G (3rd test - road test with highway)

I, thankfully, passed them all on my first tries.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only test/exam I have ever failed first time up was Sec+ icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    I passed the first time on my written and driving test. I actually didn't have to take the drivers ed class ( just driving) because I tested out of it.

On my motorcycle endorsement it took me one time also.

icon_smurf.gif
  • Options
    Stan27Stan27 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    ...Your driving test?

(Its certifaction/exam related to an extent icon_lol.gif )

Failed for the second time today icon_redface.gif

Opposite of what i failed for last time which takes the...ermm..... biscuit. icon_evil.gif

What on earth does the UK test include?

In California, you drive around on some residential streets, pull over, back up in a straight line, and drive back.
  • Options
    You take a 35 question exam followed but a 'hazard perception' test which involves you watching a series of video clips and clicking the mouse when a hazard occurs. You are then marked out of 5 on how quick you react.

This makes up the theory part of the test.

The practical part involves driving around for 30 - 45mins, hill start, junctions, roundabouts, dual carridgeways (maybe), then theres 2 out of 5 manouvers to be performed and possibly a emergency stop if they fancy doing one. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    The practical part involves driving around for 30 - 45mins, hill start, junctions, roundabouts, dual carridgeways (maybe), then theres 2 out of 5 manouvers to be performed and possibly a emergency stop if they fancy doing one. icon_rolleyes.gif

Similar to Ireland, which includes a 3 point turn, reverse around a corner,no parallel parking which should really be on the test, oh and this is all done with a stick shift rather than bumper cars in the US. I failed my first time, due to doing 30 in a 40 zone and not taking corners as the instructor would have liked.Some of the instructors are just on a power trip and need to fail people to keep quotas.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    EdTheLad wrote:
    Some of the instructors are just on a power trip and need to fail people to keep quotas.

QFT

(Dislike the parallel parking myself but havent had it on a test - yet icon_confused.gif )

Most of the US guys that passed using automatic cars?
  • Options
    Sie wrote:
    (Dislike the parallel parking myself but havent had it on a test - yet icon_confused.gif )

LMAO - I took my test in SoCal in a Mini Cooper S .... parallel parking was swing in and stop. How hard is it to park a 12 ft car in a carpark designed for 30ft ones icon_lol.gif

My instructor at first refused to take me on my motorcycle practical. We walked outside to the area with the cones set up and I hopped on a GT750 Suzuki waterbucket. He protested loudly that I should be on a bike I was used to riding. After I nailed the test he said that I rode like I had been riding that thing half my life. Considering I had been riding it for 6 months while on my learners permit and was racing motocross semi professionally it was a breeze. didn't hurt that I had also used it at a Keith Code road race school the weekend before out at Willow Springs icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    RussS wrote:

LMAO - I took my test in SoCal in a Mini Cooper S .... parallel parking was swing in and stop. How hard is it to park a 12 ft car in a carpark designed for 30ft ones icon_lol.gif

You are thinking parallel park and not bay park are you??

Parrallel, between two cars on the side of the road against the kerb.

Bay, like in a spot at Tescos icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Sie wrote:
    Yep, automatic.
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Passed mine on the second try...failed parallel parking.

The second time I thought I was gonna fail too. The guy kept yelling at me saying I could've run over little kids and all kinda crazy stuff. But he passed me so it's all gravy.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Passed first time, but got close. Accidently bumped the curb pulling up to it (tire went up on it, to be honest)......twice. I also shifted one or two times too many on the parallel parking..I was in a big Ford Aerostar van. Ended up realizing I was probably marginal on my score, so I mentioned I wanted to become a cop someday.....hey..do what ya gotta do!

Granted, once I got my Honda CRX, parallel parking became a joke! too easy.
  • Options
    mrhaun03 wrote:
    The guy kept yelling at me saying I could've run over little kids and all kinda crazy stuff. But he passed me so it's all gravy.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Sie wrote:
    You are thinking parallel park and not bay park are you??

Parrallel, between two cars on the side of the road against the kerb.

Bay, like in a spot at Tescos icon_lol.gif

I was, but in a '68 Cooper S you could park it crossways in a bay too ....... particularly if you were practiced at hand brake turning icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed in first try.