Options

Failed

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
Made a 750 (825 was passing). I didn't do well on the simulations. They saved one for the very last question - when I was running out of time. I wonder if the smart test knew I was in a time crunch and belted me a good one at the end. Right when I was about to click "finish" for the last question, I ran out of time, so I got the entire sim question wrong.

I had studied for quite a while, then took three days off from work to study more. I guess I had the wrong study methods or material. I'll probably finish Cisco 3 and 4, then take the 801 if I think I'm ready for it. If I don't think I'm ready, I'll have to skip Fall school semester on CCNP and spend it studying for the CCNA again.

Thanks for the well-wishing from everyone.

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't give up. review your book, make notes, practice and practive with your routers or simulator, use a lot your show commands, this will help you a lot with the simulators.

Somebody recommend me to review a lot subnetting until you feel very confortable with it. Use some exams simulators to test what you have learned and review everything that you fail in the exams simulators.

You will pas, you already got the exp with the real exam.

Raul
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    If i were you i'd study hard for another 2 weeks and retake it. You know what to expect.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Unlucky buddy, I wouldnt feel too down. You are probably almost there if you can score 750 and say you are weak in some areas still.

Have a good relaxing day or two with no IT involved anywhere and then get back to the books for next week, brush up on your weak areas and skim your strong areas.

In regards to subnetting....you probably have this link already http://www.learntosubnet.com/ but if not, rage it, coz subnetting IS A MUST for your future IT career. I know the sybex CCNA book is popular for lamelle's subnetting topics as well, i didnt use that vendor but many swear by it.

Keep on fighting dude, you won't regret putting the work in now.

Have a nice weekend.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    i think u should review your weak areas and retake it, i fail the test the first time i took it but ..then i went back review for 2 weeks and retook it again...and pass...good luck
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You may wish to edit out the actual exam information, including number of questions / sims. It's against the NDA and can get you in hot water both with this site and Cisco themselves.

It seems you got a very close score, so your core understanding is more than likely there - you just need to beef up your practice and trivia. How quickly did you finish the exam? did you have any time left?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    Paul Boz wrote:
    You may wish to edit out the actual exam information, including number of questions / sims. It's against the NDA and can get you in hot water both with this site and Cisco themselves.

It seems you got a very close score, so your core understanding is more than likely there - you just need to beef up your practice and trivia. How quickly did you finish the exam? did you have any time left?

I certainly didn't think a 750 was close(?) I was 75 points away from passing. Two or five points would be close, I think. I may even wait until I finish the CCNP classes before I worry with any more exams. At least then I won't have to worry about time to study.
  • Options
    flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tricon,
    75 point is really close. If you figure the Intro has roughly 45-55 questions, then each question worth 20 or so points, depending on weight. This means you only missed it by 3 or 4 questions. Don't get discouraged. It's like Paul said, if you just practice a little more you should be good to go.
    Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Now you've seen it.... and sort of know what to expect now.

If you watch the time management next time and study a little more you should pass. But you have to remember, compared to ICND, INTRO is easy. You'll probably want to kick up your study for ICND several notches.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!