Options

Question #26 on A+ hardware practice exam

elsteefelsteef Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I think answer "b.Most inkjet printers spray ink onto paper by heating the ink."
is incorrect. That describes a bubblejet.
Inkjet cartridges contain a pump which forces the ink out through a nozzle and onto the paper (choice E I believe.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    No, B is definitely correct. Inkjet printers do not contain a pump of any kind.

Most inkjet printers work like this, except epson printers which use a crystal to 'push' out the ink.

For more info read our Printer TechNotes: www.techexams.net/technotes/printers.shtml

Johan :D
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I now concour...sort of...
    On page 1007 of Mike Meyers A+ all in one 4th edition it says pretty much just what you do.
    But, on page 233 of Syngress/Osborne A+ 3rd edition, it says word for word what I typed about "injet ink cartridges containing a small a small pump, which forces ink out of the reservoir, through a nozzle, and onto the page."
    This is a perfect example of what I hate about preparing for the A+ Core. There seems to be a huge amount of misinformation and disagreement on the web and in books. (Don't even get me started on "max cable lengths")
    Anyway, thanks for disagreeing. I learn more by arguing a point than just reading a book.
    Steve
  • Options
    David ShortDavid Short Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ink is transferred two ways. Boiling ink or crystal. In regards to the pump issue, the pump pressure is what keeps the ink from leaking out of an idle inkjet cartridge. A pump of some sort has to exist.