Options

"Diagram" practice

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
What would really help me in CCNA would be practice with networking diagrams where I have to find out "what's wrong with this network?" or "router A won't talk to router C - why?", etc. I memorize facts and subnets, but these kinds of real-world scenarios are very helpful in getting me to put it all together, and I never even got that in class. I haven't found a site which has such examples. Does anyone where I might find this - with the answers, of course?

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those are troubleshooting type of questions. The best questions I have found that test your ability to troubleshoot is the test engine on the Cisco Press ICND CD that comes in the book.

There are also some good questions on the www.cisco.com CCNA prep center.

Stay away from the ICND exam prep quetions on the cisco website though. They are very ambigous and some are wrong.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    Netstudent wrote:
    Those are troubleshooting type of questions. The best questions I have found that test your ability to troubleshoot is the test engine on the Cisco Press ICND CD that comes in the book.

There are also some good questions on the www.cisco.com CCNA prep center.

Stay away from the ICND exam prep quetions on the cisco website though. They are very ambigous and some are wrong.

Hmm - didn't know that Cisco had specific-test books like that in publication. I've got a Todd Lammie INTRO book (2006 ed.) on order that also has a CD. That should help me quite a bit. I may just need that ICND book later, though. Thanks.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm working on something for you, don't worry :) I had to come into work today to do some maintenance in a service window so I didn't get a chance to yet. It's coming though ;)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I'm working on something for you, don't worry :) I had to come into work today to do some maintenance in a service window so I didn't get a chance to yet. It's coming though ;)

Errr...ammm Paul <taps fingers on desk impatiently>, we're waiting.... icon_lol.gif

Just kidding man...but I'm sure us "wannabees" would be interested in something like this...

RD
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice Paul, I would be interested in reading, please host or ask to be host the labs.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very interested as well... Thanks a bunch Paul!