Options

pass rate for N+ exam

lymerlymer Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey all

just wondering what the actual pass rate is for N+

in all the practive exams I take im hitting about 65% - exam is in july 4th - havnt really started learning real hard yet.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Options
    -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Comptia site states:

The exam is graded on a scale of 100 - 900 and 554 is the minimum passing score.

In regard to your study, the Comptia exams are not cheap so you want to be fully prepared before entering the test center. You have around three weeks left, so go through all the objectives and shoot for at least the 90's!

Cheers,
    -prophet-
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    lymer wrote:
    hey all

just wondering what the actual pass rate is for N+

in all the practive exams I take im hitting about 65% - exam is in july 4th - havnt really started learning real hard yet.

Thanks for any advice

Prophet is correct!

1. I would focus on knowing the objectives not answering practice questions...all that does it create memorized responses.
    2. You have a couple weeks left so review the material in Sybex or Meyers books and compare it with the objectives.
    3. What sort of experience do you have? Get you hands on as much network hardware as possible and KNOW the hardware role on the network. Know how to cable, know your connectors, etc.. Work with the material.

And I've never seen a 'pass rate' per se...the only pass that matters is your own, so study the material and take the exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    redgrenredgren Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the exam today and I can tell you what worked for me.

I took the exam objectives and studied each objective, I'd take notes on each objective on note cards that I could carry around with me and study when I had free time. A large part of the exam is going to be memorization. They provide the objectives for a reason use them :)

As far as pass rate, if you are asking about the number of people that take the exam and pass, I don't think Comptia releases that information but if you are asking about what score it takes to pass, then Prophet covered that.

I'd keep studying and practcing until your practice tests are in the 90% + range.

Good luck.