Options

Just Passed Intro...

ramjet666ramjet666 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Phew that got me all worked up, I thought the time was plenty until I got to a nasty question in the middle. After that one I looked at the time, and only had around half an hour left to complete the rest of the questions. Did not know where the time went. Started to panic and thought I better not spend too much time on questions second guessing myself. This of course made it worse for myself.

Then rushed questions thinking I was gonna run out of time and fail.

At the end I was convinced I had failed miserably. But to my total astonishment got 966!

My advice to anyone taking the intro exam is this, don't worry if you look at the question number your on and the time left seems short. Because overall they balance out and the time given is fair. You may find at the beginning some tough questions requiring alot of time but later on shorter quicker ones.

Hope that helps.
Roger.

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, good luck with ICND
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    congrats! onto the ICND like myslef.
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
  • Options
    -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Half way there, now you can concentrate on the practical CLI part!

fun fun fun! icon_thumright.gif

Cheers,
    -prophet-
  • Options
    Cheers everyone!

Is ICND harder to learn? Or is it not so diverse as Intro?

Does it take longer? Did intro in 3 weeks with Sybex book.
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ramjet666 wrote:
    Did intro in 3 weeks with Sybex book.

Ramjet....with the Intro book alone? Did you have previous experience? Did you suppliment the book with any other resource(s)?

RD
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    r_durant wrote:
    ramjet666 wrote:

Ramjet....with the Intro book alone? Did you have previous experience? Did you suppliment the book with any other resource(s)?

RD

Some is familiar to me as I'm in IT, it helped.

I also have a few 1600 Routers to mess with. Don't mess with sims, no real feel of IOS IMHO.

I did buy the Transender Test and did that over and over.

I also started out with Learnkeys Cisco CBT but dumped it as it was not current. (My version).

Found Todd's Sybex book to be the best as the detail is great and so are the written exams and multiple choice question at the end of each chapter.
  • Options
    gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    CONGRATS KEEP IT UP
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • Options
    Paul#4Paul#4 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ramjet666 wrote:
    r_durant wrote:
    ramjet666 wrote:

RD

I also have a few 1600 Routers to mess with. Don't mess with sims, no real feel of IOS IMHO.

I also started out with Learnkeys Cisco CBT but dumped it as it was not current. (My version).

Found Todd's Sybex book to be the best as the detail is great and so are the written exams and multiple choice question at the end of each chapter.

Congratulations Ramjet!

I want that avatar!! Where did you get that from?
    Gimme gimme gimme
  • Options
    Congratulations Ramjet!

I want that avatar!! Where did you get that from?

Google - animated avatar - first hit I think. You could always copy it from here. But this BB limits to 11k so you have to host it elsewhere!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job, congrats :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ramjet666 wrote:
    r_durant wrote:
    ramjet666 wrote:

RD

Sounds good...I'm in IT as well, have worked with and currently work with Cisco devices, but I'm aiming for the one exam.

Hmmmm...I have the Learnkey CBT's as well, haven't gone through them all, but I'll definitely consider what you said about them being outdated...

I also have Todd's book and the Ciscopress books...I plan to give it 3 months and then take a try at the exam....currently trying to get my lab setup...

Thanks for the input...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    Sounds good...I'm in IT as well, have worked with and currently work with Cisco devices, but I'm aiming for the one exam.

Def. a bonus!
    Hmmmm...I have the Learnkey CBT's as well, haven't gone through them all, but I'll definitely consider what you said about them being outdated...

For me with a book its easier to take in, you can stop and re-read far easier! With the CBT the goatee geezer in the videos is rushing through the info and its hard to take in. IMO.
    I also have Todd's book and the Ciscopress books...I plan to give it 3 months and then take a try at the exam....currently trying to get my lab setup...

Good luck!
    Thanks for the input...

Your welcome!
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice one mate, thats an awesome score.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    Pash wrote:
    Nice one mate, thats an awesome score.

Cheers! I still can't get over it!
  • Options
    hogan868hogan868 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job well done