Options

help my PIX 520-DC needs help

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
holy crap,
i bought this PIX-520 for 100.00 bucks off of ebay.thought yeah
getting great deal; come to find out there is a 3 prong female like recepticle at the back for a power source; holy crap!

looked all over cannot find a -48 VDC adapter; got to love it
i see this firewall go for 1,000s of dollars. what the heck did I do to myself.

do you all know where I can either hang myself or buy a reasonably priced adapter (got to love negative 48 dc volts)
icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
thanks if you cant or can help!

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should be able to find an AC Power supply for the 520 (PIX-520-PWR-AC) for about $80, that would be the lowest price option. I am not sure but I think it's basically an old AT style powersupply, I'll look in one of the spare ones I have at work later and let you know.

HTH
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    dtlokee

you mean i can place it inside and plug it in the board? like an old AT pwr supply
    if so i may be able to find one or two? but the output volts have to be -48vdc??
    and the amps?? i guess i can read the specs on it as well.

hey thank you mr 5 star general

good luck taking your Lab in CCIE as well, you will pass
    you are genius man! I can tell by your writing you know your Shi$$
    wow!
    one day i will be there!
  • Options
    hey dtlokee
    you are correct mine has an ATX power supply in by the large plug for the power for mobo
    vs 2 power leads.

thank god and thank you!
    for making me check..

it pops out like a power supply shuold and i have plenty of them lying around
    hey this is what a tech said at cisco; why doesnt he suggest for me to find a power supply
    am i missing something; looks like a normal power supply to me??
    This is what he said.
    Hello Robert,
    Thank you for contacting Cisco Partner/Reseller Help Online.

The PIX-520 series is End-of-Sale and is no longer available nor it's power supply from Cisco. There are no refurbished units in stock. You can search online for the DC power supplies.

Part number 34-0868-01 PWRSPLY,250W,ATX,-48VDC from SUNPOWER

If you have any difficulties, please re-open this case at http://ciscopartner.esecurecare.net

I am going to try one of my 250 ATX pwr supplies at home; I do not see the difference.
    this one has the DC in at being -48vdc. to me as long as the output is so many watts and so many volts to the power lead and amps what is the big deal???

I am going to try it; i read the power supplie and it is all the same readings as a normal pwer supply on the back;

what do you think dtlokee

Robert
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just looked in the ones we have kicking around here at work and they all have a 250 watt ATX style powersupply in them. I think you're ok using anything 250 watts or higher.

HTH
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    hth
    thanks
    good to have you around with all your knowledge exeperience
    thank you for your help and glad to have you around dude

robert (aka itdaddy)