Newbie Question

IchigoIchigo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Should I take the 2003 or 2006?

Which is easier and won't take much time up for studing?

I have 2 books 2003 or 2006 A+ but 06 I think contains to much information.

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi and welcome to the forums :D , as the 2003 objectives are retired at the end of this month unless you can get the whole thing out the way in two weeks my suggestion to you is to go down the 2006 route.
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • renilcerymrenilcerym Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started studying for the 2003 Objectives last year. That is until I found out they were coming out with an updated test. I could have continued studying for the 2003 but I kind of lost interest and slacked off until spring of this year. I decided the best thing to do was to go for the test with the latest objectives. I figure receiving a certification with the most up to date technology is the best route. I never really had interest in the 2003 because a lot of the material in it seemed outdated. I liked the idea of the 2006 test better.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Tachibana wrote:
    Should I take the 2003 or 2006?

Which is easier and won't take much time up for studing?

I have 2 books 2003 or 2006 A+ but 06 I think contains to much information.

The exams are a piece of cake if you are qualified and have reviewed the objectives.

If you are looking for a shortcut then IT is the wrong profession for you.

If you are willing to work hard, study, and learn from others...then download the objectives from CompTIA and see which areas you need to review. Only you can decide which objectives are best for you to test in. With little time left, it may be in your best interest to prepare for the 2006 objectives.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • IchigoIchigo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Isn't taking the 601 basically taking the 602.
    I was gonna get 03 I know I can get that and then study up for the 602.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Tachibana wrote:
    Isn't taking the 601 basically taking the 602.
    I was gonna get 03 I know I can get that and then study up for the 602.

Please review the stickies posted at near the top of the three A+ forums they contain all the generic information about the exams.

There are two exam requirements for the 2003 objectives which are officially over 6.30.07

There are four exams in the 2006 objectives. Essentials is the requirement and similar to Core from 2003. Plus 1 of the three electives is required. Your choice based on your experience and your job goals.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?