Options

Passed my 70-290 today!

nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

I'm new to this forum but have been reading it quite often! Great place and great people! Justs to let u guys know I passed my 70-290 on my first try!!! :D

This was my first exam and studied for 5 days and went with the exam... I thought I would die today but instead it went pretty well! Got 842! :D Next one is the 70-291... Heard it was a beast!

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You shouldn't have passed that test unless you have a lot of experience in Windows 2003. Are you well versed in 2k3?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Nice score!

What materials did you use to prepare for this exam?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    You shouldn't have passed that test unless you have a lot of experience in Windows 2003. Are you well versed in 2k3?

Hi,

Actually I have had about 2-3 yrs experience handling about 8 servers (A small datacener) for my dad's company... The first book I read was Mike Minasi's 'Mastering Windows Server 2003'. That was how I started...

Forward 2+ years I had one of my IT consultants push me for the MCSE... I thought about it and went for it... I'm actually doing a triple certification... MCSA / MCSE / MCTS:SQL Server 2005... All the technologies I am administering alone and have read extensively through books...

:D
  • Options
    Nice score!

What materials did you use to prepare for this exam?

I used the MOC books and Mike Minasi's 'Mastering Windows Server 2003'... That is a great book... Gives you a deeper understanding of the OS actually...

Cheers,
    Nick
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nickmak86 wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

Hi,

Actually I have had about 2-3 yrs experience handling about 8 servers (A small datacener) for my dad's company... The first book I read was Mike Minasi's 'Mastering Windows Server 2003'. That was how I started...

Forward 2+ years I had one of my IT consultants push me for the MCSE... I thought about it and went for it... I'm actually doing a triple certification... MCSA / MCSE / MCTS:SQL Server 2005... All the technologies I am administering alone and have read extensively through books...

:D

Okay, maybe I took "studied for 5 days" wrong then. It sounds like you have been reading books and preparing for a while?

Congrats by the way.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.