Options

Network+ 2007 at Pearson?

2»

Comments

• Options
    manicmanic Inactive Imported Users Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i recently took the a+ 2003 test and it had questions that were more relevant to recent topics. its weird unless you take the test. you will understand if you take the test, they change the wording and make it relevent. perhaps instead of saying a high speed connection of 1.5/384 it would say 5/1 or even 20/5 like i have :D. thats the best explincation i can give you.
    "What do you want from me?" -Pink Floyd
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    manic wrote:
    i recently took the a+ 2003 test and it had questions that were more relevant to recent topics. its weird unless you take the test. you will understand if you take the test, they change the wording and make it relevent. perhaps instead of saying a high speed connection of 1.5/384 it would say 5/1 or even 20/5 like i have :D. thats the best explincation i can give you.
    I've seen questions like that too. They seem to update some of the questions to, maybe, relate with the Candidate?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    manicmanic Inactive Imported Users Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol i wonder how hard it would be to get in as a tech for comptia's testing facilitys
    "What do you want from me?" -Pink Floyd
  • Options
    hookupz911hookupz911 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just toook the test, and barely failed, but a lot of the questions are "Harder" from what i understand. They were all theory, throw the cable lengths and port number memorization out the window. Seemed to concentrate on linux / windows / novell compatability (what is needed to make them work togeather). Also, be familiar with whast frequency 802.11 a/b/g run on and what devices cause interference. That got me for like 3 questions, which probly would have allowed me to pass!
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    looks like they have changed it back
    N10-003: CompTIA Network+ Exam
    it also said that I had written the 2007 test in my exam history, but now it doesn't.
  • Options
    jonathan_hebertjonathan_hebert Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikeberg wrote:
    Does anyone else know about this?

Just tried to sign up for N+ 2005, Pearson/VUE told me that I can only sign up for N+ 2007 now, N+ 2005 is dead.

Can anyone tell me what the f(%* happened here? I cannot see any changes on the CompTIA website, and no stidy guides for the 2007 test - anywhere.

Have I just entered the twilight zone?

Michael Berg
    Cert-less for now

As reliable as this forum is (and I say that with no sarcasm), I had to call Comptia and find out for myself. A Comptia rep confirmed that the most recent exam available is for the 2005 objectives, and that PearsonVue's "2007 edition" is just referring to the year that the exam is for. She also advised that as long as you follow the exam codes, you'll be all set.

So follow the exam code. PearsonVue's code for "2007 edition" is the same as what Comptia certifies you for: N10-003.
  • Options
    lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had the same questions as all of you when I finished my test. When I got the wonderful piece of paper that says I passed, it listed it as the 2007 Network+ Edition. Once my information was posted on CompTIA's website a few days later it said 2005 Network+ Edition. Then when I went to order my Certification package and it said Network+ 2002. So I was completely confused by all of this so I emailed them, after a few weeks of waiting here is what they sent me. Hope this explains it for all:

Summary: Network+ 2005 difference between 2007?

Opened: 2007-12-02 01:01:34.647 Status: CLOSED

Description: Hi - I just passed my Network+ on Friday and on my papers I received at the testing facility it says I passed the 2007 edition. On CompTIA's website it says I passed the 2005 edition. Now the certificate package that you are sending me says "Network+ 2002". Can you explain to me what is with the discrepancies with the years? Thanks!

Last Comment: Dear xxxx, Thank you for your question. CompTIA is introducing the edition date to all newly published versions of our exams. The edition year does not indicate a new set of objectives. For example, the CompTIA Network+ Exam (2007 edition) covers the 2005 objectives. The date base date was not changed back in 2005 the old date of 2002 still appears but you are receiving the correct Network+ certificate with your correct certification date. The system is correct and you took the current Network+ exam. Have a good day. GCozzi
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Just passed N+ 2007 edition a week bak yeah baby... Yeah... i blaze it....so now MCSE VS CCNA?
    whats next guys....... ?
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    Just passed N+ 2007 edition a week bak yeah baby... Yeah... i blaze it....so now MCSE VS CCNA?
    whats next guys....... ?

What?