Options

passed both 220-301 and 220-302 yesterday

U96dasbootU96dasboot Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all!

I know you proably had this question before so my appologies in advance.

Finaly after a couple months of postponing the exams i did both yesterday. I didn't study that much for professional reasons but i passed both 220-301 and 220-302. Did them in 40 min each.

The question know is what to do next? I heard people saying to do A+ 2006 anyway... but i was wondering if i could get your thoughts on that. I dont need the cert for my current role. I am just improving my resume for future oppurtunities. I know A+ is lifetime but to what extent will employers start to be picky enough to demand A+2006 ?

Should one think of doing A+ 2006, or start working in other certs.. MCSE/Network + ..etc ?

Thanks!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Sir Winston Churchill

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    U96dasboot wrote:
    Hi all!

Finaly after a couple months of postponing the exams i did both yesterday. I didn't study that much for professional reasons but i passed both 220-301 and 220-302. Did them in 40 min each.

The question know is what to do next? I heard people saying to do A+ 2006 anyway... but i was wondering if i could get your thoughts on that. I dont need the cert for my current role. I am just improving my resume for future oppurtunities. I know A+ is lifetime but to what extent will employers start to be picky enough to demand A+2006 ?

Should one think of doing A+ 2006, or start working in other certs.. MCSE/Network + ..etc ?

Thanks!
    Personally, I would start on other certifications. When employers see your A+, I do not think they are going to ask you if you are "A+ Depot Technician" certified.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    U96dasboot wrote:
    Hi all!

Thanks!

Passing 2 exams in one day is impressive man, congratulations!

I agree with matradley, employers will just see A+ and take it at face value as being A+ certified.

I'd say go for Net+ then decide if you want to go down the Microsoft or Cisco route is your best bet......depends what type of job you want sys admin or network engineer!

Some employers do look for an A+ but usually along with other certs such as MCP, MCSA or CCNA......If you can get to the stage where you have Microsoft and Cisco certs you will definitely be in demand :D
  • Options
    Pierre MikhailPierre Mikhail Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just wondering if u can help me i hust wanted to know if u could remember any thing about the test like the type of questions??

I have to take my exam soon and i need all the help possible. and if u have any websites that you might suggest are good one. and other sites that have questions that i can answer..

Thank You
    PIerre Mikhail
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny to
    (='.'=) your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(") domination.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Just wondering if u can help me i hust wanted to know if u could remember any thing about the test like the type of questions??

I have to take my exam soon and i need all the help possible. and if u have any websites that you might suggest are good one. and other sites that have questions that i can answer..

Thank You
    PIerre Mikhail
    Well, you could use the Practice Exams available on this website. You can also try some of these - I used these when I was preparing for my A+ Examination:

- http://www.quia.com/quiz/340501.html
    - http://pages.prodigy.net/aplus_omega/exam11.htm
    - http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/search.php?search=A%2B

I hope these help. :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    A+ certified is A+ certified until otherwise declared. Your certification will not expire per CompTIA so there is no reason (IMNSHO) to retake an exam once it's been passed. It's a waste of resources.

Focus your energy on moving forward not standing still or moving back.

In what capacity do you want to work in IT? Focus on the certs that move you in that direction.

If you want 1 additional vendor neutral cert....Net+ is the one to go with. Otherwise move into the MS certs or Cisco certs.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    U96dasbootU96dasboot Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey thank you all for your answers.

I think the consensus is continue to get other certifications.

I'm going on a vacation period and i will start to prepare Network+ in July. For sure i will use this website as well to prepare for it.

Just another question, i heard if you take Network + it will count as one of the exams for MCSE. Is that accurate?

Again, thanks for the support.
    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Sir Winston Churchill
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Enjoy the brief hiatus and good luck on Net+

Check out the pdf TechNote here:
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!

Information for MCSE is here, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

The A+ and Network+ combination may be used to substitute for an elective exam for the MCSA. But, you cannot use that combo for the MCSE. The only CompTIA exam that can be used for an elective in the MCSE track of exams is Security+.

Good luck on your future exams!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Noe84Noe84 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on A+

I would definitely continue onto Network+ or CCNA then onto MCP>MCSA>MCSE.
    On to MCSA 2003.