Options

BSCI self study material

hsiehjhsiehj Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

Recently renew the CCNA and would like to go for the CCNP (BSCI first). I am looking for the self study material and there are so many out there and seems some of the books are for the old exams. I am wondering which book(s) is better for preparing the exam and any other suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Jerry

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are looking for Cisco Press self-study material, then this is the book that is the most current covering exam 642-901...

Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide) (3rd Edition) (Self-Study Guide) (Hardcover)

by Diane Teare (Author), Catherine Paquet (Author)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    I'm trying to do everything I can to prepare for a another shot at 642-901 at some point and I noticed that the Exam Certification Guide is coming out on July 17:

CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide (4th Edition) (Exam Certification Guide) (Hardcover)
    by Brent Stewart (Author)

http://tinyurl.com/2rp53c

From someone with past experience with professional level exams, would it be worth my time to wait until this book comes out and go through it before doing my retake? It really seems like it will be valuable, given that it has the typical CD with an exam engine on it. I just don't know if I want to wait that long, but if the book is good and I definitely will benefit it's probably worth it.

What are people experiences with Self-Study vs Exam Certification Guide? Should I be using one other other, or should I just be using both?
  • Options
    hsiehjhsiehj Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

I think I might just buy both of them.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It probably depends on your level of knowledge and experience. It might be a good idea to have both on hand.

Obviously the Exam Cert guide is going to be more tailored to the exam and the self-study is going to cover things in greater detail including things not necessarily on the exam but might be good to know.

I will leave it up to more experienced people to give you their read on this though... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.