Options

Preparing for Network +

nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. I got my A+ late though. I should've get it in 2005 but anyways. Now I am planning to prepare for the Network+. I saw a few topics that they say they will change the curriculum to 2007, is that right, when?

What should i do ? wait for the curriculum to be changed or start studing on the old 2005.?
Questions:
-How much time did you guys study for it. What is the difficulty level, is it hard, or medium? are the questions really triky?.
Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    nasu wrote:
    Hi everyone. I got my A+ late though. I should've get it in 2005 but anyways. Now I am planning to prepare for the Network+. I saw a few topics that they say they will change the curriculum to 2007, is that right, when?

What should i do ? wait for the curriculum to be changed or start studing on the old 2005.?
    Questions:
    -How much time did you guys study for it. What is the difficulty level, is it hard, or medium? are the questions really triky?.
    Many thanks
    The curriculum will not change any time soon so you are safe to begin studying with the 2005 objectives. Pearson is using the "2007" to date stamp the year the certification was written by the candidate.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah, i agree start preparing. Even if it does change...its not going to be a drastic change. A good portion should remain the same. obviously questions will be different, but the theory behind them will generally be the same, some new stuff and ditch the old...but a good middle portion will remain.
  • Options
    in your opinion what do u think is it harder or more material to prepare than A+ or less ? many thanks
  • Options
    markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure I follow your question..so If i am off with my answer, let me know. Are you asking which is easier to prep for, A+ or Net+?

I think the A+ is easier, even though it is two exams...both exams pretty much cover the same stuff. I've seen people pass both in the same day, no problem. But you will get some networking questions on the exam as well...like some questions that look like Net+ questions, so having already passed Net+ those questions will be cake.

Its up to you though, but I find A+ to be easier.
  • Options
    thanks a lot anyone else ?
  • Options
    manicmanic Inactive Imported Users Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought net+ was easyer but if you know the material then any test is easy. I would recommend testout if you can get it. i used testout and practice questions and passed my net+. I must also tell you i did print out pretty much every set of notes offered in the testout software and reviewd them also. i used testout with the a+ and i read the sybex book and did practice questions. Also the a+ covers networking also so there is some familiar content with the net+. My current task is the MCP which is provingto be much more involved. the questioning is more drawn out. the give you a senerio and then tell you what you would like to accomplish and then ask you a question relating to that.
    "What do you want from me?" -Pink Floyd