Summer, hard to study outside work....

Anyone else having this same problem?

I have had a real lack of studying since last december. I am only 2 tests away from my MCSA, but I just havent had any motivation due to the short summer months here in Alaska. I have been hiking/biking instead pretty much everyday. Plus my work is sending me to some DBA classes in Atlanta this August, so I am now kind of leaning towards getting my DBA cert instead.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know what you mean. I was hoping to take 216 (the last exam I need for the 2000 MCSE) next week, but I forgot that my girls had swim classes every night this week and next, so I will need to put it off for another couple of more weeks.

So many other things I would rather be doing right now.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    its been hard for me also to do any certification currently during the summer, since i just got a new contracting job working at a NOC doing late shift. I have a lot of stuff to do, for example i have till end of September to take advantage of the upgrade 40% off for MCDST 621 exam. Then i also want to get my CCNA cert to get a better understanding of what i'm doing at work, and then i'm only 2 exams away from my MCSA (290 & 291), and i heard theirs and upgrade offer on that coming soon also.

I need advice, i need to know which path to take first priority, i would think 621 only b/c i dont have much time on that before the upgrade offer expires. Oh and btw those who are current MCDST's on here the upgrade exam 40% off code to 621 is: DCAUPG (it will only work for current MCDST's through prometric or vue) expires September 30th, 2007. More info can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/06/10/vista-exams-mcdst-upgrade-offer-code.aspx

Thanks

win2k4
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I heard the 2000 exams are gonna be stopped pretty soon :S
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wedge554 wrote:
    I heard the 2000 exams are gonna be stopped pretty soon :S

March 2008 along with the two upgrade exams. I need to get busy.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete