My certification path....

M_BoydM_Boyd Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ive been looking into different certifications in order to plan ahead of where im going to be at the end of my near full time study at the end of two years....

CCNA - im doing a course at napier to cover this and will take me 2/3rds of a year to complete

MSCA - Is this a good move ?

some good equivalent in linux/unix

CCNP ....

I also want to do p/t voluntary work after the CCNA whilst studing the rest....

If I can follow this route what would be the chances of getting a first job with them

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Roughly(from what I gather from other posts).......depends on what you want to do.

If you want to get wrapped up in wires and cables, troubleshoot networks, do help desk stuff, fix workstation hardware issues--keep things running smoothly--MCSA probably is a good start.

Throw Cisco certs in there, and sounds like your a sysems administrator in the making. With sys admin you get to work at all levels of networking--not a bad way to avoid boredom!

As far as the job part goes, it depends on who needs what. You may have to put down "new roots" in another area in order to get work. You'll have to have some experience on the resume before you'll be seriously consdered, however.

Best of luck on you decisions!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki