Options

Just Passed

umpitcherumpitcher Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed Net+, not a single port # question. Only had 2 OSI model questions and they were both aimed at the layers that hubs, switches, routers, bridges, and NIC's work at. Of course, these are the two subjects that I knew backwards and forwards.

It sure seems like they go out of their way to make some of the questions really tricky (they make easy questions really wordy). Oh well, on to Security+.

Comments

• Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! Good luck with your Security+ - I am heading that way too.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with Security+.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    Well done!!

Why do you security+ next and not an mcp exam first, you know that A+ and Network+ equals an elective to MSCA?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done!!

Why do you security+ next and not an mcp exam first, you know that A+ and Network+ equals an elective to MSCA?

To learn more about security and have a good foundational set of knowledge to help him throughout his endeavor into the world of computer security I'd suppose.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    umpitcherumpitcher Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done!!

Yep, I know. My company is reimbursing me for my certifications, so I might as well get as many as possible. Plus, I work in the security industry and Security+ just looks good to them. I'll get there eventually.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on your Security+. What are your plans after that, more CompTIA exams, or on to something like MCSA or CCNA?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.