ICND, this sucks

borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I sit down, start the exam, things are going well and I'm at test question #37 out of 40 and I'm thinking "wow, no Sim so far", get to question 39 or 40 (I forgot which one it was) and I have a sim with just 8 minutes left on the exam. For some reason I forget the key sequence to kill a session and I'm there hitting the combo of keys I think are the way to do it when it locks up with 2 minutes left- so I keep trying things and the clock goes down. Then I can't get my score, the guy can't get my score, he calls Prometric and they can't get my score till Monday or they may not even get my score and I'll have to sit the test again. This blows, I then get on the highway home and wind up stuck in traffic because 3 cars plowed into a semi and started a fire, I'm stuck there for an hour before I can back up and leave the highway, ugh (yeah I do sincerely hope no one was seriously hurt in the accident though but it was bad, even had big clouds of smoke).

Sorry to vent but this has been a frustrating day so far, I felt pretty good about the questions up until that last sim, sure there were a few that covered material I had remember reading for the Intro but had forgotten some of the details so I took educated guesses at them. I didn't do to bad on the sim, tested the first router and all seemed ok and I was trying to get into the other router when I had the issue pop up.

Comments

• Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yikes! I'm sure with all of the technical difficulties you had they'll comp you the exam and let you retest for free though.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When you say Kill a session, are you talking about a telnet session? The testing session with prometric? So it locked up in the middle of a SIM???

Well after all that, I hope you passed. Sorry to hear about all the B.S! bom.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ICND -- not just an Exam, but an adventure! icon_lol.gif

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif Hopefully you got enough points to pass.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well the frustration continues, called this morning and was told it should clear today, called a few minutes ago and was told it could be 24-48 business day hours to clear, then they gave me another stupid reference #. I guess I'll continue to study for this, ugh, in case I didn't pass.
    Netstudent wrote:
    When you say Kill a session, are you talking about a telnet session? The testing session with prometric? So it locked up in the middle of a SIM???

Well after all that, I hope you passed. Sorry to hear about all the B.S! bom.gif
    Yeah it was the control/shift/x+6 keystroke that I went brain-dead on, although I could swear that was one of the first combos I tried but it didn't work. Thanks for the support guys, if I didn't pass it I will just take it again and again until I do get it.
    icon_wink.gif
  • DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That sucks, i have had a similar experience taking a MS exam, stupid machine kept crashing on me, luckily the instructor knew how to restore the test session so i could continue with the exam after rebooting the machine.