Options

does anyone know what is meant by this??

hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that is saying, last day to sit the current or unrevised version of the CCNA exam. After
    11/6/07, i think you have to take the new version. I read some people conversating about a revised test that is up and coming.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    thanks for that
  • Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have yet to write my 640-811 ICND and I just scheduled it earlier this morning for Aug 13th.

Does the 11/6/07 mean November 6, 2006 or June 11/07? icon_sad.gif

/end worrywart
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's up and coming...not already past.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    what if you're an academy student?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    looks like its chaging to ICND v1 and ICND v2, 640-822 and 640-816... great.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    WTF does that mean that the CCNA 3.5 course im attending at my accadamy is redundant??
    and i spent good money on uselss books? *PANICS*
  • Options
    oliverwoliverw Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i failed my ccna 840-801 yesterday as i ran out of tme and have just spotted this to. I was planning on taking it again in two weeks time but looks like ive got to study up some more on wifi among other things and take a different test.
    To me the new format looks abit confusing, i take it i could just take the 640-802 CCNA?
    By the look of things they have also wrapped up the intro and called it Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v1.0!!!
  • Options
    So this only effects the 2 exam path? and is the sylabus content the same as im EXTREMLY worried to be honest now.
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dredlord wrote:
    So this only effects the 2 exam path? and is the sylabus content the same as im EXTREMLY worried to be honest now.

It looks as though this affects all three exams...Intro 821 and the current ICND 811, and CCNA 801 is no more after Nov. 6, and are being replaced by ICND v1 and v2 and CCNA 802, which will be available from Aug 1.

Apparently, you can take either exam from Aug 1, but the current ones will cease to exist from Nov 6.

I just "tried" to compare the exam topics for the CCNA (801 vs 802), the 802 is at least 4 pages long compared to about 2 pages for the current 801.

Cisco says...
    Exam questions have been updated to validate the skills necessary to implement today’s small to medium-sized branch networks, and include new topics, such as network address translation and IPv6, basic security controls, and basic WLAN concepts. A full list of exam topics is provided at www.cisco.com/go/ccna. The new exams also feature more performance-based questions, to better assess candidate competency.

Therefore, you have choices I guess...if you are close to taking the current exam, you can continue on that path up until Nov 6. If you are now starting out, it may be worthwhile to have a look at the new objectives, unless you think you can be ready in 4 months to take the current exams.

For me personally, I'm now in two minds...I know or believe I can be ready before Nov 6, but I'm wondering if I should get into the new objectives that are being introduced....

It will be interesting how this post is discussed...it has the possibility of changing many members' path...

Oh, and they also introduced a new cert...CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician), only requires passing the new ICND v1 (822)...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    yeh i agree with you

i am just starting out on the ccna and realy arent whether to wait or not. I do think it is possible to have the ccna by nov but this has knocked me off the tracks abit
  • Options
    Yea, my biggest concern now is whether to learn the new stuff being introduced...I know IPv6, security and WLAN is big now and will be big in the future, so it has me in a pickle...
  • Options
    Crap and I start CCNA next monday blehhhh *is furious* accadamies should warn about this expeshialy wen your learning at the regional acadamy. So anyone have any idea if ciscopress will isue upgrades for the acadamy companion guides.
  • Options
    yeh true true

i think i am going to carry on with the current sylabus until aug time is it, i assume most of the information that we learn will be needed for the new 640-802 exam anyway then just add the other bits of information in when it is all released officially
  • Options
    Ye i hope so, thow personaly I believe cisco shouldnt change the sylabus all of a sudden in the middle of a year. Bleh this sucks. Is eamailing acadamy
  • Options
    yeh i agree with u totally

luckily for me i am doing my ccna through self study so i dont have to worry about signing up at the acadamy

but what can we do at the end of the dayi it was going to happen sometime werent it

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I dont mind a new sylabus, the ting that is **** me off is that when i applied a month ago they gave me the sylabus we will be following and I spent quite some money on cisco press books. Im going to fight for compensation. This is unacceptable
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I have the take the ICND part still. I just passed the INTRO part. Does This mean I have until 11/6/07 to complete the ICND part and if I dont pass it by then I have to go back and retake the INTRO again??????
  • Options
    :D

i only got my press books the other week aswell and have spent a fair amount of money

i think the best thing is to get our heads down and try and pass the test before nov 6th or when ever it is
  • Options
    Blody hell ya most prob ill give it a try.
  • Options
    I just searched ciscopress and I don't see anythiing for the new exams yet...what's up with that? Introduce new exams, but no new study material???

I submitted a case to find out what's up with the new study material...will update if/when I get feedback...
  • Options
    i know todd lammle is bringing out a new book in sept i think

so that might be for the new exam not sure about the cisco press stuff though
  • Options
    I dont want to be rude...but could someone please answer my question a few bumps up...I am about to freak out here.
  • Options
    well I asume yes considering the change
  • Options
    Well luckly im sort of saved in half from the change, Since the regional acadamy in my country allso offers courses they have there own exam and on completion the CCNA certificate is awarded from cisco, but not the CCNA nuber (you have to sit for the ushuall exam for that). This cert is valid to do CCNP so basicly tanks to a conflic of interest lol im semi saved but screwed in the fact cant sit for the testing center exams without buying more books. Bleh is annoyed what luck
  • Options
    At this point should I continue or wait for the revision?
  • Options
    Well depends if your close to completing it then go for it. Thow I would sugest emailing cisco customer support, maby you will only need to do the second exam (no idea wat its called) for 802
  • Options
    I just started the ICND part, if this is the case that is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mobri09 wrote:
    I have the take the ICND part still. I just passed the INTRO part. Does This mean I have until 11/6/07 to complete the ICND part and if I dont pass it by then I have to go back and retake the INTRO again??????
    No. The INTRO you passed will still count in the "Cisco Mix 'n Match" format for the new CCNA. If you fail ICND and fail it and fail it and keep failing it until November, then you'd have to learn the Wi-FI & Security stuff for the ICNDv2 exam.
    dredlord wrote:
    Crap and I start CCNA next monday

You'll be studying for the existing CCNA exam most likely.....

CCNA Academy students will probably have an extra year (or more) to take the old CCNA (or old INTRO/ICND) -- that's how its worked it the past (and is working with the CCNP Academy students who took the "old CCNP courses" -- they have until the end of this year to take the old CCNP Exams).

The only hassle for CCNA Academy Students will be when the "new courses" come out -- your academy will probably finish the existing sequence of old courses -- but if you take a year off to study abroad, when you get back the old courses could be finished. Then you'd have to finish with the new courses and the new CCNA exam (or maybe the old INTRO and new ICND2)
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    mobri09, I believe that 4 months should be enough time to get the ICND as long as you conistantly study for it.