Options

does anyone know what is meant by this??

2»

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, from what I have seen with the new courseware they are going to "leak" a little more from the professional level (CCNP/CCSP) into the ICND 2 course, it's going to get harder boys ad girls. I would advise anyone preparing for ICND or the composite CCNA exam to get it done before the deadline.

However the technology does not change and the stuff they're adding may only comprise 25% of the topics so it's not a complete rewrite and all the stuff you've been studying can still be applied (well ISDN is gone and no RIPv1 and what not). So don't get too worried about it because if you don't make the deadline you can still take the new exams (they're not retiring the cert while you're in progress, you can still finish it with the new exams)

The biggest problem will likely be locating books fro the new versions. It usually takes a few months for the Cisco Press books to catch up (insert a plug for official Cisco training here!)
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    damn good thing I'm almost ready....
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Come on guys, it's not like the material in the current exam series is going to magically become non-valid when the new exam comes out. Just keep studying the way you are, and when you finish your current material study the new ones. As the poster above me said, the new material is only going to be 25% or less of the new exam.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Come on guys, it's not like the material in the current exam series is going to magically become non-valid when the new exam comes out. Just keep studying the way you are, and when you finish your current material study the new ones. As the poster above me said, the new material is only going to be 25% or less of the new exam.

Agreed, all this does it tell me when i need to get my studying done by...

Even if i have to take the new exams it will still be beneficial with anything i studied before
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Six months to pass the current CCNA and you guys are complaining? I could understand people feeling the pressure when the ccnp track changed with a six month deadline, but that was four exams at a higher level.This is CCNA, one exam if your clever two if your not! icon_cool.gif
    It's a walk in the park.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hodgey has the info on the books for the new exams in this link...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24617
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mobri09,

you can mix and match the exams. If you have taken the 640-821 and you do not pass 640-811 by 11/06/07, you can take the new 640-816 exam instead and it will earn you your CCNA. Keep in mind your 640-821 score is only valid for 3 years fro the date you passed it. (that means you would need to pass the other part within 3 years of passing INTRO)

640-811 by November 2007 should be enough tim for you!

HTH
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    I have contacted cisco acadamy support regarding us acadamy students, they have fowarded my question to the course managers and I will post what they tell me once a answer is given.