magazines

cmbcmb Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
what are some good magazines that relate to IT/MIS? i want to be able to read about different companies IT departments, what they have done, any changes they have made and how it affected the company - if there is anything out there that i could read relating to any of this, could someone let me know? i have heard business week (mostly businesses in general) and CIO ---- just wanting to get some more opinions --- thanks!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only mags I read are about guns and technology. Not much about business, but there is some articles about companies that implemented certain technologies presented in the magazine as case studies.

Anyway, my favorites are Linux Format, TechNet and Redmond Magazine (okay, and I also buy 2600 once in a while).
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • cmbcmb Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ha --- thanks

have you or anyone heard of Dr Dobbs? one of my teachers was talking about it and i looked it up but didnt really get a chance to look into it as to what it is all about - it may be strictly internet based, i really dont know
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I subscribe to Windows IT, Technet, Network World, and Redmond. I find Windows IT Pro and Technet to be the better magazines.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Dr. Dobbs is a software development magazine, and I've told a few stories on this forum about the senior developers that write for that particular magazine not being too handy with systems administration or networking. As for my own reads, I don't read many magazines these days. I do still get a free subscription to Wired for attending Oracle's OpenWorld, which never ever seems to expire, though. I used to read a magazine called "Game Players", which was about video games and the video game industry, and I did get a Linux magazine for a short while after the gaming magazine went belly-up. One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and get myself a subscription or two to some magazines I can actually use. That, and a subscription to "Heavy Metal". icon_cool.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Here are some free IT publications that I subscribe to. Some are print and some are Web-only. You can apply for a subscription using these links:

Network World
    Network Computing
    InfoWorld
    InformationWeek
    eWeek
    Baseline

And if you are interested:

Dr. Dobb's
    SC Magazine
    InfoSecurity
  • cmbcmb Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□