Options

Replication issues.....

tel_s1234tel_s1234 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have 3 domain (One root, two child) model setup in Vmware with w2k3. Each domain has one DC/DNS apart from the root domain which had two. After the root dc one failed, I moved all fsmo roles onto the second dc and carried on. Now the child domain still have the original root dc in their directory partition information. I've tried syncing the directory partitions with the child dc's by using replmon, but no luck.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Make sure that you update your dns so each domain can contact each other's specific DNS servers. I'm thinking you had a conditional forwarder or a stub zone pointing to the DC that died and now that you moved it over to a new DC, DNS hasn't been updated which is causing replication issues.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    tel_s1234tel_s1234 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The DNS is fine, one child domain has been delegated it's own zone and the other is managed by the root DC/DNS, any entries for the old server have been cleared out and all srv records point to the new server.