Options

Cisco 640-861 DESGN exam cram group proposal

tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
If anyone else is studying for the 640-861 DESGN exam, would you like to join me in a cram group?

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I sit this exam in just over a week, how do you propose we do it?
  • Options
    malcybood wrote:
    I sit this exam in just over a week, how do you propose we do it?

malcybood,

Off the top of my head, maybe a game of "stump the CCDA wannabe?" Also, some questions about topics that you're personally stuck on where we could try to help each other out? An example would be according to the Cisco Press CCDA Exam Certification Guide exam simulator, I seem to have weaknesses in:
    1. Encryption
    2. Integrated Voice
    3. RIP timers
    4. IP Multicast
    5. Service Leval Agreements
  • Options
    Ok, since there's one week to go, I gotta get cramming. However, I find cramming within a framework is better for me. So I created an outline based on the "Design Methodology" and how the 640-861 DESGN exam outline fits into each step. Without further ado, here it is.

Design Methodology
    1. Step 1
      [list=1:4b6603dd2d]
    2. Analysis
    3. Gather and evaluate information regarding an organization's existing social requirements
    [/list:o:4b6603dd2d]
    [*]Step 2
    1. Analysis
    2. Gather and evaluate information regarding a network owner's current data network and future needs
    3. Gather and evaluate information regarding a network owner's current voice network and future needs
    4. Validate gathered information
    [*]Step 3
    1. Modeling
    2. Design solutions to meet network owner needs applying the Enterprise Composite Network Model
    3. Given a network design or a set of requirements evaluate a solution to incorporate equipment and technology within a Campus design
    4. Given a network design or a set of requirements evaluate a solution to incorporate equipment and technology within an Enterprise Edge design
    5. Given a network design or a set of requirements evaluate a solution that meets network management needs
    6. Given a network design or a set of requirements evaluate a solution that meets routing protocol needs
    7. Given a network design or set of requirements evaluate a solution that meets IP addressing needs
    8. Evaluate solutions for compliance with SAFE architecture
    9. Evaluate solutions addressing the issues of delivering voice traffic over a data network
    [*]Step 4
    1. Planning
    2. Develop an implementation plan
    [*]Step 5
    1. Planning
    2. Develop a prototype testing plan
    [*]Step 6
    1. Analysis
    2. Document relevant findings
    [*]Step 7
    1. Planning
    2. Develop a verification plan
    [*]Step 8
    1. Analysis
    2. Identify possible opportunities for network improvement

The steps are detailed on pages 47 and 48 of the "CCDA Self-Study: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN)" book from Cisco Press.

Source:
    1. CCDA Self-Study: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) - http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587051419