Options

When use SAFE MODE and Last Known Good Configuration.

puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
i understand that safe mode are using when hardware or software instalation problem. but in Last Known Good Configuration are using before log-on on deskstop. mike say in thier book, that alway try in safe mode first.
HOLD:
Comptia A+
Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
MCSA...75%
CCENT....0%
70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
MCITP
ORACLE

Comments

• Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Last Known Config is useful when you install something or change a setting and then the OS fails to start up again.

A startup in Safe mode doesn't count as being a "good startup" you can always turn it back off and go with the "LKG"

Does that help?
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Safe mode is meant for diagnostic and repairs,

last known good configuration is alright, but windows 'thinks' the last known good configuration was the last time you successfully logged in and it didn't crash hardcore, even though you may still have spyware virus problems.. so be careful with that one.. I personally never use it unless im feeling really lazy.. i just boot to safe mode and do diagnostics and go from there.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is a general rule of thumb regarding recovery, you go with the least admin effort first to resolve the issue if that's not appropriate then consider the next in the list. Below is the order.

Driver Roll Back
    System restore
    LKGC
    Safe Mode
    Recovery Console
    ASR