Options

Robert Half Technology!!!!!!!!

huddahudda Member Posts: 101
Hi everyones, still looking job icon_rolleyes.gif I was looking on search engine for agencies, I found Robert Half Technology for how helpful they are to find us job, or any one get job by this agency please tell me know

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    I would like to know too.

I have been thinking about applying to them since I haven't found a job yet in more than 3 months.
  • Options
    nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i really need a job too
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't know much about them other than I used to see a lot of their advertisements on Monster.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, there's one near my house that has a bunch of jobs available...but they are all major Administrative positions. icon_redface.gif

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    OkasonOkason Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to whole heartedly recommend RHT to anybody looking for a job! They placed me in my current assignment, I worked with them for 10 months and then got hired by what was until last week a Fortune 500 company. Among the many things I like about them is their Payroll..always on time! Most of us that worked for them in my company wished we could have stayed with them longer..
    However just like any other Staffing Firm, applying to them does not gurantee a job placement, but they do a good job at that, at least the one here does. Give them a try if you can and good luck with your job search!

Thank you,
    All things work together for good........to them that believe..
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    They typically don't have jobs for lower end technicians, more of the higher up administrator positions and up. I have heard good things about them though and it wouldn't hurt you to put your resume with them.

Regards,

:D
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    okason wrote:
    I want to whole heartedly recommend RHT to anybody looking for a job! They placed me in my current assignment, I worked with them for 10 months and then got hired by what was until last week a Fortune 500 company. Among the many things I like about them is their Payroll..always on time! Most of us that worked for them in my company wished we could have stayed with them longer..
    However just like any other Staffing Firm, applying to them does not gurantee a job placement, but they do a good job at that, at least the one here does. Give them a try if you can and good luck with your job search!

Thank you,

So do you work for Robert Half or do you work for the company?

From the sounds of it you get paid by Robert Half not the company.
  • Options
    Don_PADon_PA Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have not been satisfied with their placement. They do give you a CBT test of your skills be it Windows networking, 2003 server, Office 2003 and other exams that are timed and scored. You have to fill out the regular online application of work experience, certifications, education and job references. I with Volt now and content :)
    CCNA CCDA CWSP CWAP CCA HP Laser Printers MCTS MCSE 2003 JNCIA JNCIS
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    What about Tek Systems? Anybody had experience with them either good or bad?
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I met with people at Teksystems twice in the past, with one being just last week. They are a recruiting agency that suppsedly sends your resume out to a ton of places. They have offices across the county. I drove 50 miles to their office and spoke with them, but I haven't gotten any calls yet. :/

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I am meeting with someone from Robert Half tomorrow. He seemed committed to finding me something (on the phone). I hope it works out.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found RHT not what I was looking for. They are little different. Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    I've been with a couple companies like Unisys Teksystems DRC (there wack too) It could be me, but RHT justs wasted my time having me go in, telling me a whole lot of crap about how good my skillsets are then I didn't hear anything. It won't hurt to apply though. Now DRC (Dynamic Research Corporation) cares nothing about their employees and their management can go to hell for all I care. Right now I'm with Unisys and even though they claim not have any money, so far they are ok
  • Options
    OkasonOkason Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So do you work for Robert Half or do you work for the company?

From the sounds of it you get paid by Robert Half not the company.[/quote]

No I do not work for RHT, they placed me in my current company and then the company hired me. I am paid by the company and not RHT. I understand that everybody has varing experiences with Staffing companay, but I enjoyed my Rober Half experience and if I ever find myself looking again I will not hesitate to contact them.
    All things work together for good........to them that believe..
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Robert Half and Teksys are pretty good IT staffing companies. The only thing is, as others stated, they usually only have opportunities for upper level positions. If you are thinking about using Teksys, you better have a degree AND some certs OR lots of experience. If you don't have any of those you will probably be wasting your time with Teksys. As for Robert Half, i really don't know.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have never used RHT. But I have a cousin that landed a 3 month to perm IT job and he was hired after the 3 months and everything is going good for him. When I look for a job in the furture I will be checking them out.
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    from my experience i wouldnt recommend tek systems for one if your on a contract with your current company and want to leave and go to them, they might have an agreement with that company not to hire employees for other companies that left their company, i consider this black mail really, its like saying well you left us, so now we'll make sure you dont go anywhere else... really makes me red.... anyhow just my personal opinion of my local teksystems branch office, yours could be quite different...

win2k4
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    wow, want to hear my take on RHT??? Well, i'm going to tell you anyways.

THEY ARE F***ING TERRIBLE.

I had an interview with them in october, come feburary i had never heard from them again. I called my contact, turns out my contact left the company w/o telling me, they gave me a new one. Never heard from him, gave him a call in march, he also left the company w/o telling me. Got a new contact, have never even spoken to her.

STAY AWAY
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Options
    The Prize Is LobsterThe Prize Is Lobster Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    teksystems has been pretty decent thus far. My recruiter and reporting manager are cool, and Ive had no complaints.

I think if you are looking for something very entry level, its best to check with all types of staffing firms...ask any/all if they have any tier 1 help desk positions available. Once you get a few years experience or the proverbial foot in the door, it does seem to be much easier to work your way up the ladder.
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    I have not heard the best things about RHT,

however TekSys is great.

I do not have a BS but I have an associates, and 8 certs (some of them dated), and about 8 years of exp... They got me several interviews and my current job (best job I have ever had). I highly recommend them. They are a big firm extremely reputable, and I wouldn't think twice about working with them if I ever needed to change jobs.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really like Teksys and Kforce is fair.

RHT is terrible... Waste of my time to interview with them. I asked about jobs and the guy just said "yeah well I will call you if I find anything"... nothing
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:

RHT is terrible... Waste of my time to interview with them. I asked about jobs and the guy just said "yeah well I will call you if I find anything"... nothing

Same thing happened to me! I went and spoke to the guy, drove 1 hr+ each way to downtown Baltimore, got lost in some bad areas (thought I was going to have to go in bullet dodging mode), and when I finally got there he acted like he was going to help me find a job and seemed really nice. Well, 4 weeks later I haven't heard a thing from him. He hasn't returned my emails nor my voice mails. Maybe RHT just sucks.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• Options
    MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it just depends on the particular recruiter (or whatever they're called). I went through RH & they found me a temp position within a month or so. The guy I worked with was pretty agressive about finding possible positions for me.
  • Options
    What do I do if my recruiter doesn't get back to me? Keep emailing and calling or give up?

• Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    Personally I hate them...here is my experience with Robert half in Grand Rapids Michigan

I get a call from a Robert Half head hunter wanting me to drive to his office (2 hours away) for an interview.

So I get in the car and drive out there...once there they inform me I have to fill out all the tax forms w2, a non-compete and a non-discloser agreement - before I could even see the Head Hunter for the interview...or there would be no interview at all.

After signing my life away I got an interview with the guy who kept getting calls on his cell phone...after the 8th call he finally looked at my resume....then said "great lets get you tested". He then sent me on a 3 hours drive in the opposite direction to get tested because he did not have time to test me there.

After spending 5+ hours on the road with 10 minutes of interview time I made it to the test center and was tested on:

Windows Server 2000
    Windows Server 2003
    Windows XP
    Microsoft C# Programming
    Microsoft VB.Net Programming
    SQL Server 2005

I aced all the tests (still have the print outs to prove it).

He called me a month later and told me that he never submitted my resume as he felt I did not have the skills or personality that would mesh well with the job...and then hung up on me.

I then go out and find my dream job by myself without the help of any head hunters.

About six months after that he calls me and litterally BEGS me to drop everything and take a job that is a 5 hours drive away for 1/2 of what I am making. I told told him no and asked him to not call my house again. Then I hung up the phone.

He called back instantly and threatened to sue me for not taking the job, stating that I signed an agreement (none of the agreements said I was obligated to do anything other then not compete against them for the same job).

So I forwarded the paperwork and agreements to my lawyer and had Mr. Legal tell Mr. Half to shove off or I would sue them for harrasment and unfair business practices.

I am sure not all Robert Half head hunters are like that - but that entire thing really made me not like them icon_lol.gif

Just my two cents worth... head hunters are evil and I avoid them at all costs after that incident.

For the record, I have 12 years experience as a professional programmer and 6 years experience as a network admin...this was definatly not my first time dealing with a head hunter but it will probably be my last.
  • Options
    wow, bcairns. That story would make a lot of people stay very far from Robert Half Tech.

• Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    i would have to disagree as all staffing companies are not evil. I just recently got a help desk tier 1 job from a staffing company, and the recruiter even took me out to lunch and paid for lunch also and we signed all the papers there.. Anyways what i'm saying is do not ever diss a staffing company unless they are threatning to sue you or something like in the previous post. Because you never know when your looking for a job and they have a position that your looking for. I personally think to stay away from big contracting companies and go for smaller contracting companies b/c not only do they do a better job assiting but they also have deals most of the times with companies to hire you on after a secific time perm with them. For me example, it actually says in my contract i'm guaranteed salary and perm with benefits after 6 months unless i happen to get fired before that or decide to leave... Just my two cents into all this.

win2k4
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "once there they inform me I have to fill out all the tax forms w2, a non-compete and a non-discloser agreement - before I could even see the Head Hunter for the interview...or there would be no interview at all. "

I told them that I didn't want to sign those until I was close to getting a job... They were okay with that and gave me the pointless interview anyways.

What is amazing that RHT holds a lot of jobs...
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Mishra wrote:
    What is amazing that RHT holds a lot of jobs...

What's amazing to me is that recruiters in general hold so many jobs. But then, I guess it's to be expected, as many HR departments are swamped and lack technical background to properly assess resumes.

What I wonder is, what does it take to get on recruiters' radar? If you have several years of experience, and a number of certifications, why would they pass over you for a job you would jump through hoops to get??
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Like I have said before Robert Half is called Robert Half because they take half of your paycheck. I agree with bcairns 100% & will have nothing to do with bounty hunting job hunters. Find your own job.

bcairns- where do you live in MI?