Options

Robert Half Technology!!!!!!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Far from upsetting nick; in fact that was an interesting read.

Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome to techexams!
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote: »
    I really like Teksys and Kforce is fair.

RHT is terrible... Waste of my time to interview with them. I asked about jobs and the guy just said "yeah well I will call you if I find anything"... nothing

I had a similar experience as well. I took a contract position with Teksystems 12 years ago, and I ended up getting hired on 6 months later, and have been with the same company (in different capacities) every since. The whole experience was great.

A few months ago I interviewed with RHT. When I showed up, my contact was out of the office, but no one had informed me. I talked to one of my contact's colleges that gave me a short question and answer, and then I left. After that, nothing....

I've had a few inquiries from Kforce, but nothing I wanted to pursue.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    k.o.r.k.o.r. Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some good stuff in here. Besides RHT, Kforce, Teksys, would anyone recommend other recruiters in the NYC area? tyia.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They are great (RobertHalf tech here in London) Found me two jobs, including my new one I am starting in two odd weeks (Senior IT Analyst). Recruiter can even drink like a man lol.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I had a meeting with this company last Friday afternoon. I felt what the recruiter said was good info, but he could've told me that over the phone. I need experience and a cert before they can really sell me to a client.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    Got a job through them before, wasn't the best job or anything - but it was a temp job in the $60K range and I was very appreciative for the placement. I eventually found another gig, but they got me through a small stint of unemployment after I relocated to a new area.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Working a contract to hire through them now, sure the lack of vacation or paid holidays isn't fun but it's still a good increase over my last position. Also it got me out of the Memphis area and into a better market. So no matter what happens with this position (which is going well so far), it's helped me immensely.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I had good experience with RHT
    Teksystems they were cool people
    but I never got a call for an interview
    vs RHT where I got like 6(different jobs) calls over 2 weeks.
    meh
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are most of the jobs offered from Robert Half, Teksystems, and other similar companies contract type work? I'm considering using Robert Half to help with my job search, but it sounds like most of the jobs are contract to hire and I currently have a stable job so I'm hesitant to leave for any contract work.
  • Options
    LowTechLowTech Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    With my situation, a college degree in IT with no certs and no professional experience. Robert Half is the first company that have given me hopes again in finding an IT job. The recruiting manager that I currently have seem to be very active in keeping in touch with me and help finding me a job. I supposed to start my first IT job/contract last week. Unfortunately, my job was on hold because the budget for the project has been cut off. I wish they could have notice me before I announce to my family members over Thanksgiving dinner that I got a job, lol. Anyway, I am still very grateful that Robert Half helping me finding a job. Hopefully, I get a new contract soon. Of course, I am still throwing my resume at different companies until I can land a full time position.
  • Options
    ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is an old thread here but I have an interview with RHT on Tues and curious if they had changed to the better at all. Many of the threads I have read through are not giving me good feelings about this.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I was once placed by RHT, they did an excellent job and I can't say anything bad about them.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Used them once as well out of High school which got me a decent web design gig which started my life in IT, no issues related to them.
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    I have used both RHT, TEK systems, all of them are junk. None of them seem to be able to find me a job, and I've got the qualifications for the jobs. They are recruiters..if there is one thing I have learned from being unemployed....stay faaaar away from recruiters, all they do is waste your time nad get your hopes up for nothing
  • Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    Many of these places are franchises or don't have a very centralized structure so you are going to have vastly different experiences from place to place. I have had great experiences with TekSystems in Roanoke, VA but awful in Norfolk, VA etc.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    I had an interview with them.

They are horrible. After doing all their BS, reference sheet, testimonial, ...

They were giving me 2 month contract gigs paying 12$ an hour. LOL. This was when I had my A+, S+, 70-680. Another time the person asked me to send the testimonial after i emailed and gave him a hard copy. I just stopped picking up his calls. Not worth the time.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    tekgurltekgurl Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been to several staffing agencies like Signature Consultants and Talent Bridge in which no response out of them. But RHT responded quickly and was always updating me on several positions. I landed a contract position that was 6 months to direct hire but turned out the company bought out my contract with RHT. My agent was amazed as he never seen a company just buy out of the contract and wanted to direct hire me. But overall, I believe it is just the recruiter and poor communications with them. So ask questions to your Recruiter and how they normally process your application etc.
  • Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've hired people from Robert Half, TekSystems, Denali... Probably some others too
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tekgurl wrote: »
    I have been to several staffing agencies like Signature Consultants and Talent Bridge in which no response out of them. But RHT responded quickly and was always updating me on several positions. I landed a contract position that was 6 months to direct hire but turned out the company bought out my contract with RHT. My agent was amazed as he never seen a company just buy out of the contract and wanted to direct hire me. But overall, I believe it is just the recruiter and poor communications with them. So ask questions to your Recruiter and how they normally process your application etc.

I currently do a part-time gig through Robert Half -- Seem just about on par with any other short term contracting place. I haven't had any issues, but I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. I just needed a part time gig to help pay off some wedding credit card debt.. haha

-scott
  • Options
    alsonalson Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    According to my own experience, they did nothing to me but just wasting my time and gas.

I went for an interview, had a small meeting with one of them there to interview me. They never got back to me with any jobs.

after about 5 months, which is the second time, they contacted me, they interviewed me on the phone (skype) and brought me temp job.
  • Options
    StupidMeStupidMe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK so I was contacted by a RHT recruiter about a month ago in the Dallas area. We did a skype interview and all was good. Hew said that he has a few jobs that he would like to submit me to. I was like ok go for it. I have not heard back from him since. BTW, I have over 15 yrs in IT so I am a senior level person, just never got certified, till I started looking for a new job and was asked why I didn't have any certs. so I started getting some. Currently studying for my 70-680.

Anyway to the point why I was posting..... The recruiter gave me access to all of RHT training material, and it is extensive with all kinds of training.... for FREE! So to that end I say join RHT and get the free cert training that you want.
  • Options
    codedwarcodedwar Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a job offer through RHT for a NOC position. It was a really easy process but maybe I just got a good recruiter. I applied for the job, got a call maybe a week later. I did a quick interview with the recruiter and he set up a phone interview with the client. I ended up getting offered the job but didn't take it. Money was fair but I was holding out for another position at the time.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    They arent my favorite but I have had a recruiter in the perm department that isn't so bad. He never found me work but wasn't a waste of time to deal with either as he had jobs I didn't find online anywhere.
  • Options
    mazdaspeed7mazdaspeed7 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got lucky, but RHT has been great for me, sent them my resume a week and a half ago, and I start a contract to hire position as a network engineer making 35/hr in a week.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I got lucky, but RHT has been great for me, sent them my resume a week and a half ago, and I start a contract to hire position as a network engineer making 35/hr in a week.

Freaking congrats man!icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Teksystems screwed me.

I sent a recruiter my resume, had a Interview the very next day. Was told that "I got the job" later that day.
    It's been 7 weeks now and I still haven't started the job that I "got"

There is no timetable, there is no communication. Going to try RHT next. Don't like the job staffing agency route, but where I live I rarely get callbacks on my resume.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to sound so harsh but if you got the job you should have gotten the Company name and the contact person name with a time to show up and if they did tell you should have ask them for the information. Most likely your resume doesn't stick out so you should have it redone professionally or put it up here for review.