Options

Finally getting nervous.... Any last minute tips?

I'm taking my 70-219 tomorrow. I'm starting get nervous now.... I will be spending tonight going over all the practice exams in the Exam Cram book and revisiting certain pages I had marked.... Which I've done once already.

Anyway, maybe it's nerves or something but i am starting to doubt myself.... I've read 3 books now and they all seem to differ slightly on some things such as.

Rule of thumb on when to Create a new Domain versus using OUs

Rule of Thumb on when to Create new Sites versus Combining location into 1 site

Rule of Thumb on how to determine how many site links you have

Mostly they either side step the issue on WAN Speeds or slightly disagree. Maybe I will feel less nervous once I hit the practice questions again.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am sure you will be ok. Just make sure you are well rested for the exam tomorrow. In my opinion it is usually better to just relax the night before the exam and/or do something that is fun. Anway good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, you'll do fine I am sure. icon_thumright.gif
    I don't want to steer you wrong, but I always say if you need different security requirements go with a new domain (remember things like password policies apply to the whole domain and not OU's), but if you need to delegate administrative responsibilities go with an OU.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Good luck, you'll do fine I am sure. icon_thumright.gif
    I don't want to steer you wrong, but I always say if you need different security requirements go with a new domain (remember things like password policies apply to the whole domain and not OU's), but if you need to delegate administrative responsibilities go with an OU.

Definitely, a good rule to go by. I just have to watch for the buzz words because they don't always spell it out for you.
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Just relax and I am sure you will do fine. I found 70-219 to be fairly easy.

Just remember you never want to make another domain in less you just have too like what was stated earlier with the password reqs. Making a new domain is usually more based on politics than it is based on infrastructure.

Rule of Thumb on creating a new site is usually if the office that your bringing up can't be connected to your main office thru LAN connectivity you want to make a site for that office.

WAN speeds are hard to determine since they change often and things like utilization and saturation can effect it.

Just get a good meal and a good nights sleep tonight and you will do great tomorrow.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I see you're taking this exam on my Birthday (tomorrow). Ill pray to the Birthday Gods for good luck during your sitting icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

I dont have any technical advice for you, but wish you success!
    let us know how it goes
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Gabe7055 wrote:
    Just relax and I am sure you will do fine. I found 70-219 to be fairly easy.

Just remember you never want to make another domain in less you just have too like what was stated earlier with the password reqs. Making a new domain is usually more based on politics than it is based on infrastructure.

Rule of Thumb on creating a new site is usually if the office that your bringing up can't be connected to your main office thru LAN connectivity you want to make a site for that office.

WAN speeds are hard to determine since they change often and things like utilization and saturation can effect it.

Just get a good meal and a good nights sleep tonight and you will do great tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarification on creating a new site! I had one question in the book that had 2 buildings only a couple blocks a part connected to a T1 connection. I had thought it would be fast enough to combine both buildings into one site but I was mistaken.... The book's explanation was less than helpful, considering it said "Sure! You could do it that way but it would be better to make it 2 separate sites." it didn't really explain any further than that.

snadam:
    First of all, Happy Birthday!

I will post back tomorrow, hopefully as an MCSE! Thanks for the confidence builder :)
  • Options

snadam:
    First of all, Happy Birthday!

I will post back tomorrow, hopefully as an MCSE! Thanks for the confidence builder :)

Thanks megadeth!

best of luck, but im sure you'll nail it.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Thanks!
    I'll be leaving for the testing center in just a couple short hours.....
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Well?? did ya get the MCSE yet?
  • Options
    Hello???
    We're waiting! :D
  • Options
    Sorry to say that I just missed it.... I was so close this time, it kills me that I went back and changed 2 of my answers and debated for a few minutes about changing one that I didn't end up changing... I would say that 1, possibly 2 questions would have made the difference between a pass and a fail icon_sad.gif

I have to say that the first Case Study was extremely easy. I thought "Hey! This is Great! I'm for sure going to pass!"

Then I was hit with the 2nd and most difficult Case Study I've ever seen! It was significantly more difficult and elaborate than that of even the most difficult of my last attempt for this exam.

The 3rd wasn't too much easier, but the 4th case study did cut me a break.

Unfortunately, there were very few questions on some of the big objectives of this exam that I had seen on my last attempt and that had been discussed in the greatest detail in all the study guides. Instead I got hit hard with a bunch of objectives that were not covered as much and seemed to be minor objectives.

I honestly say with my jaw dropped in a state of shock as I was reading the 2nd Case Study, I couldn't help to think how ridiculous the whole Case Study was, I had at one time thought that perhaps it was mixed into the 219 by mistake and was really meant for a different exam.

*Sigh*

I won't be able to try another attempt for at least 2 weeks...

Thanks for all the support! I will not give up, especially when I was that close! Boy I wish they gave you a chart on this one to tell you where you need to focus! I guess while it's still fresh in my mind I can at least reflect on the exam a bit, maybe I'll run across something in my books.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear, but don't be too hard on yourself. We learn from our mistakes. I failed my 70-301 Microsoft Solutions Framework exam and because of that, I studied much harder and I feel that I learned more due to that failure than I would have without having failed it. Try to look at things in a positive light, hit those books and labs hard, and you shall prevail next attempt! Good luck! :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    Sorry to hear, but don't be too hard on yourself. We learn from our mistakes. I failed my 70-301 Microsoft Solutions Framework exam and because of that, I studied much harder and I feel that I learned more due to that failure than I would have without having failed it. Try to look at things in a positive light, hit those books and labs hard, and you shall prevail next attempt! Good luck! :)

Thanks, you are right, I did better on this attempt than on my last attempt and I did hit the books harder. Now, I'm all fired up to continue hitting the books.

I think that had I not had the really tough case study I would have had it... It was a tough one and I really rushed the last 2 answers because I had like 45 seconds left.....

Oh well, at least I wasn't as bad off as the guy testing in the cubical next to me... I heard him vomiting! It was a bit distracting, I don't know if he was sick or if it was his nerves.
  • Options
    bummer man icon_sad.gif ...however, you have THAT much more experience now and better expectations of this exam. From the sound of it, im sure youre going to nail it next time.

• Options
    Sorry to hear you jst missed it, but that's better than missing by a lot! icon_wink.gif
    Man, if I heard a guy in the room getting sick I would just simply have to leave. icon_pale.gif
    Better luck next time. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Sorry to hear you just missed it, but that's better than missing by a lot! icon_wink.gif
    Man, if I heard a guy in the room getting sick I would just simply have to leave. icon_pale.gif
    Better luck next time. icon_thumright.gif

Yeah, the guy getting sick was disturbing but I only had a few questions left at that point.
    I have another book on order, should be here Monday or Tuesday. I'm hoping to learn or strongly reinforce some material with the new book, I think I will pass on the next attempt!