Options

Question about Sybex books

cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone have any preference over the A+ books? There are currently four versions out there and I just picked up A+ Complete study guide from Oct. 06. A new one just came out, the A+ complete certification kit from April of this year. Should I go back and order this one? I already have the Mike Meyers all in one. Do you think I am set as far as books are concerned? I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    cgrimaldo wrote:
    Anyone have any preference over the A+ books? There are currently four versions out there and I just picked up A+ Complete study guide from Oct. 06. A new one just came out, the A+ complete certification kit from April of this year. Should I go back and order this one? I already have the Mike Meyers all in one. Do you think I am set as far as books are concerned? I appreciate your help.
    If you are talking about this one - http://www.amazon.ca/CompTIA-Complete-Study-Guide-220-601/dp/047004831X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/701-3719878-0388302?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183113776&sr=8-4 - I think you will be fine. The objectives, correct me if I am wrong, have not changed on the 2006 version since this book was published.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    I'm currently using that all in one book and the sybex fast pass for the 2006. If you'll note in the all in one book, All the domains for each different test reflect upon one another. So my best advice for studying would be to download this wierd things called objectives, and start mapping out a course with the objectives as you read through each chapter. You'll notice that unless you're reading the exam cram book, alot of the books pretty much flow together at the same rythm. So the all in one is gonna be your best resource and just hand pick out another book, any book you want and use the same note taking process as with the first one and see if you can find any new information you didn't already know. How you use those notes to study is completely up to you, but it helps, big time.
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I just subscribed to safari online so I'll see what resources they have on there ;)