Options

question on microsoft exams

pindejo1pindejo1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! just passed the A+ and i don't know what microsoft exams to take. should i take the mcdst exam first or can i take the 70-270 exam for the mcsa track? and is it a multiple type exam or totally different? sorry for all the questions i'm new it the IT field thanks guys! :D

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 270 exam is only one test. The MCSDT is focus towards helpdesk, while the MCSA is geared towards Sys Admins. Which type of job are you currenlty working in or are you interested in?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    thnx for the info andy :D i'm currently working as a computer tech and i wanted to be a system ad some day and earn more hehe that's why i'm interested on taking some microsoft certs but i dont know what to take. but from what i read on some of the forums the mcsa track is the first way to go
    but i dont know if i should take the 2003 coz they say it's about to retire is it true? thnx in advance :D
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 2000 exams are going to retire in March 2008 along with the 2000 to 2003 upgrade exams. The rest of the 2003 exams will be around for a couple of more years.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    thank's for the information guess i still have more time before it retires. I'll start buying books today thanks again for the help! :D