Options

thinking 270 will be my next exam

sprinkl3ssprinkl3s Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the 290 last week, I am thinking the 270 will be next.

For those of you who took 290 then 270, what was your experience with 270?

I'm assuming a lot of the material overlaps.

Also once again to those of you who took 290 then the 270 which study materials did you use?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is some overlap between 270 and 290, in my opinion 270 is easier than 290 so you should be able to pass it without much difficulty. I use the Microsoft Press book for all MS exams and those books are good for the 270 and 290.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sprinkl3ssprinkl3s Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much. I am pretty sure the 270 is going to be next when i start studying again in a week or two. i was debating between the MS Press and the sybex. i used the MS Press for the 290 and it was kind of dry to read and study from in my opinion, but i also knew most of the material so that may of had a lot to do with it. I know that more then one source is recommended but i feel with the overlap between 290 and 270 i should be good with the MS Press book (probably not sure yet) and the technotes on this site
  • Options
    BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    There is some overlap between 270 and 290, in my opinion 270 is easier than 290 so you should be able to pass it without much difficulty. I use the Microsoft Press book for all MS exams and those books are good for the 270 and 290.

Hi sthomas

I was told that it is best to use the sybex book because the MS Press book in something like a reference book and the Sybex books gives you a lot of hands on exercises. I was reading the MCST 271 books from MS Press however, it was really dry for me and I couldn't get that deep into it like I wanted to.