Pearson VUE are not doing Microsoft Exams anymore

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wow, this is just getting weirder and weirder. I guess the pearson vue test center I normally went to has closed down permanently because the owner of that center died about 2 weeks ago...

Looks like I had to go to the other place anyway....WOW icon_confused.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    snadam wrote:
    wow, this is just getting weirder and weirder. I guess the pearson vue test center I normally went to has closed down permanently because the owner of that center died about 2 weeks ago...

Looks like I had to go to the other place anyway....WOW icon_confused.gif
    That is sort of ironic. Well, at least you have a somewhat local option.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Please post your concerns on Trika's blog as Microsoft executives are watching Trika's blog entry and will perhaps change their decision to only use Prometric. I personally am hoping that Microsoft will continue to use VUE.

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/07/06/microsoft-learning-announces-prometric-as-exam-provider.aspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    royal wrote:
    Please post your concerns on Trika's blog as Microsoft executives are watching Trika's blog entry and will perhaps change their decision to only use Prometric. I personally am hoping that Microsoft will continue to use VUE.

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/07/06/microsoft-learning-announces-prometric-as-exam-provider.aspx

I JUST DID IT A MIN AGO.

YES, ROYAL. YOU ARE CORRECT. The more messages people posting, the more concerns MS noticing. Eventually, MS will change their mind. I just did it because MS is not making a wise choice. I hope they will change their mind soon.
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • manicmanic Inactive Imported Users Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm...i guess my testing center isnt the norm, it handles both pearson vue and prometric...is that strange?? New Horizons just a little fyi how ever the new job im trying to get does testing for vue on site and it would be rather convenient...
    "What do you want from me?" -Pink Floyd
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    manic wrote:
    Hmm...i guess my testing center isnt the norm, it handles both pearson vue and prometric...is that strange??
    Nope, that's perfectly normal. I always test at a local college whose testing center contracts with both Prometric and Vue. Contracting with multiple testing agencies allows the college to offer more tests which, in turn, gets more revenue into their coffers. In other word, their testing center is a profit center.

Hey, how do *I* get into that business? icon_scratch.gif;)
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wish LSU still had their testing center. Being able to take a cert test between class was so nice :/
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_exclaim.gif And now Prometric doesn't do Cisco exams anymore: (seriously, no joke)
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24999
  • markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well my VUE center I always test at just got their notification of this whole thing. The TA there forwarded me their e-mail they received. They are both VUE and Prometric, so it doesn't effect me, but they are just as unhappy as we are :/
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is really bad news for me, my closest Vue Centre is 5 minutes walk from work….

My closest Prometric centre is over 100 miles away….

After my MCSE I’ll most likely stop doing MS exams apart from the Server 2008 upgrades as I really have no choice!
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    On the plus side, you will be able to take your Cisco exams only a 5 minutes walk away from work! icon_lol.gif
    Yes we can, yes we can...
    Hehe, Citrix 1st ;)
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    Why would Microsoft do this? I understand that many team leads and managers have deemed the Micrsoft Exams as paper certifications, but this is just stupid. Microsoft will lose alot of credibility do to this. I may not even bother going for anymore Microsoft Certs...Its starting to get pointless...

CISCO it is ...for now on

:D
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The explaination I was given is that it Pearson VUE and Prometric use 2 totally different delivery engines and it requires too much development time to create the same exam two times. Now they can implement new features into the exams without having to accomidate 2 different delivery methods. Also heard they're going to implement biometrics in the ID process, hmmm.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • TristorTristor Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope this problem gets resolved, because my school just became a Pearson VUE testing center last Fall. Prior to that, all my tests were taken through a Prometric testing center. Both of my experiences were much the same, and I didn't see any issues with the security at my school's Pearson testing center. It really sucks though for me because I'm just now starting on my MSCE: Security and I get discounts if I sit for my exams at my school.
    If you register for them before the 31st of August you can still take your exams until the end of the year, otherwise you'll have to go through Prometric after that date. Maybe your school will switch to Prometric in future, it could happen. :)
  • slothropslothrop Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like a lot of folks, I really like the testing center I have always used for Vue vouchers. It is a local community college with a brand new building. The staff is friendly, always offers a locker, and there are over 10 cameras and microphones in the celing and 2-way mirrors all along the walls.

Luckily for me, the same spot is also affiliated with Prometric. I just checked out their site to be sure. It looks to be a little less intuitive then Vue, but I could just be accustomed to the Vue layout.

Hopefully everyone else with a good Vue site will learn they also are Prometric sites!
    My craft beer reviews at TheBarleyWhine.Com
    A reply to concerns by Chris Pirie head of MSL Global Sales and Marketing team
    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/07/24/you-think-we-don-t-but-we-really-really-do.aspx
  • OlehOleh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought, it wasn't easy to go every time 120km to the nearest VUE center icon_confused.gif . And now the closest Prometric is 550km away icon_eek.gif
    wanboy67 wrote:
    A reply to concerns by Chris Pirie head of MSL Global Sales and Marketing team
    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/07/24/you-think-we-don-t-but-we-really-really-do.aspx
    This just shows that they "really do not 'care'." I note this because they probably went through a lot of research and have made a decision. Rescinding on this decision now would make the executives look bad. So, instead of correcting the problem, we all, now, have to travel a large distance to test at a smaller testing company - Prometric. I have heard some complaints that candidates having to travel to different countries to take exams! I have to travel 2-2.5 hours outside of my area to examine in a city. We had a Prometric in the area, but they went out of business along with the "Networking Center" than ran it.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    cabrillo24 wrote:
    I just took a MS exam with them on the 3rd of August.
    You can buy vouchers for PearsonVUE until 31 August and you have to take the exam by 31 December 2007.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't tested with Prometric since 2003. Today I went to their site to register for an exam and remembered why I stopped testing with them. God their site is terrible compared with VUE. Also there are less exam sites than there were back in 2003 in North Carolina, somehow. There's only one within an hour of where I live and work and I'm not exactly in the boonies either.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • OlehOleh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From the MCP Flash august 2007
    "Efforts to add Prometric test center locations are in high gear. Prometric's goal is to ensure that no candidate needs to travel more than 30 miles to take a Microsoft certification exam. "

:Dicon_rolleyes.gif
    I'm looking foward to seeing that...... my current nearest centre is over 50 miles away!
    There used to be a pretty nice prometric center in my area, apparently it isn't affiliated anymore.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    Oleh wrote:
    "Efforts to add Prometric test center locations are in high gear. Prometric's goal is to ensure that no candidate needs to travel more than 30 miles to take a Microsoft certification exam. "

People like to dream. :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Oleh wrote:

What MS fails to realize is that it's not the mileage but the travel time. In Southern California, traveling 30 miles by freeway on a Saturday morning may take less than 30 minutes. That same 30-mile trip on a Tuesday evening could take 60 minutes. On a Friday afternoon those same 30 miles might be 90 minutes to travel. Is it any wonder why I always take my cert exams on Saturday morning? ;)
    JDMurray wrote:
    Oleh wrote:

What MS fails to realize is that it's not the mileage but the travel time. In Southern California, traveling 30 miles by freeway on a Saturday morning may take less than 30 minutes. That same 30-mile trip on a Tuesday evening could take 60 minutes. On a Friday afternoon those same 30 miles might be 90 minutes to travel. Is it any wonder why I always take my cert exams on Saturday morning? ;)
    We do not even have that option around here. Our exam center (PearsonVUE) is only open on Wednesdays between 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
    That's another thing, none of the prometric centers within a couple hours do exams outside of 9-3:15, monday through friday.

I forgot how good I had it until I couldn't use VUE anymore.
    IT guy since 12/00

• IllusionkingIllusionking Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone think Microsoft dropped PearsonVue because Cisco had dropped Prometric or vice versa?
    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    Done: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70,293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299,
    A.S. Electronic Engineering
    A.S. CIS
    A.S. Social/Behavioral Sciences
    Studying
    CCNA