Study Material? Cram Notes? Boot Camps?

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everybody.

I have a Holiday coming up in about 2 weeks time that gives me 6 weeks off work (I know, its a long time, but i work @ a school) My question is; do you have any ideas of what sort of material i could use for certification towards an MCSE. Preferably the 70-290 exam.

I thoght the Microsoft courseware would be useful, has anybody used it before? Also, what do you all think of Boot Camps? is it worth me going to one or should i stick my head in for 6 weeks solid and do it all at home (everybody else has to work!!!) - so the place is gonna be quiet!

I plan to take at least one MCp before i go back and scare the sh*t out of my Boss lol. ( I am only 19 (5 days 19 for the info).

Also, before i forget, anybody know of any ideal testing location around the Worcestershire county in the United Kingdom? I just want to do the exam, unless you guys know of a policy testing centers carry out, pearson vue isnt really helpful and ive heard nothing good of "Computeach"

Thanks for your help! - Don't forget only 2 weeks to get the material!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Sybex and MS Press books usually get good reviews. I have read the first couple of chapters in the Sybex book for 290 and it seems good so far.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the CBT nuggets training videos for the entire 2003 MCSE certification, they are really good (Although i think so) has anybody else used them?
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wedge554 wrote:
    I have the CBT Nuggets training videos for the entire 2003 MCSE certification, they are really good (Although i think so) has anybody else used them?

CBT Nuggets are one of the most popular methods used to study for certifications. Many people on these forums, other forums, my company, etc. use them to help prepare.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i have seen them on their website, they look brilliant! Whats your opinion of the products?