Options

FAILED.... but not frustrated...

RythmRythm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took my Net+ certification. I thought I was well prepared especially through the first half of the test, (I'll admit that I was confident and cocky through the first half) but once the second half came through I slowed down dramatically. I was expecting port questions, ARP, routing, protocol and IP questions, but recieved more situational type of questions as i got closer to the end (wheres that cockiness now?). Of course I'm gonna study more and learn what I'm weak at, but any pointers especially on trouble shooting would help the most.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Definitely read the technotes on this website. Also, get some practice software from Transcender or even try the practice exams on this website. Hopefully that will all help.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    u need to be ready and xpect anytihing, special with those 80 questions test...good luck next time
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    i'm surprised how little the network+ books prepare you for the situational portion of the exam. i have a good grasp of everything else, but i'm a little shaky when it comes to troubleshooting novell and apple. domain 4.0 - network support is worth 35% of the test and is nothing to sneeze at!

i'm just glad i found this site with plenty of time to brush up.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    muyloco286 wrote:
    i'm surprised how little the network+ books prepare you for the situational portion of the exam. i have a good grasp of everything else, but i'm a little shaky when it comes to troubleshooting novell and apple. domain 4.0 - network support is worth 35% of the test and is nothing to sneeze at!

I noticed this my-self in my network Plus Materials. The situational portion of the exam for me is the hardest part to study for. If I had one suggestion for the network plus material is more coverage of situational portion of the exam to prep any would be takers for the exam.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    muyloco286 wrote:

This comes with experience. The more you do on the job, the more prepared you will be for exam questions like this. No book can prepare a person for this...it's a job skill that develops over time as you work with people and various situations.

Rythm wrote:
    ... Of course I'm gonna study more and learn what I'm weak at, but any pointers especially on trouble shooting would help the most.

What/How did you prepare? What experience did you have prior to the exam? Did you download the objectives from CompTIA and review them? How about the TechNotes on this site?

Your exam score sheet should also list areas of weakness to prepare for the next attempt, review these.

Also, which date is your goal to retake?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?