Options

Taking the 290 test on Sat....PASSED!

535irob535irob Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been reading and taking tests, I feel pretty good about the test...minus one spot, command line administration of AD. Did everyone have many questions on this topic?

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I remember correctly there wasn't anything on command line AD administration for 70-290. Have a look at the objectives if you haven't already. Good Luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    sthomas wrote:
    If I remember correctly there wasn't anything on command line AD administration for 70-290. Have a look at the objectives if you haven't already. Good Luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx

For not being on the test (assuming you are right), the MS Press book sure does spend a lot of time on the command line AD commands (dsadd, dsquery,etc)
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    let me know how it goes im taking it pretty soon!!!!good luck
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    I passed the test today! I had a question or two about command line AD adminisration. But overall I found it about on par with the 270 test....
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm assuming 70-291 is next on your list to conquer? If so, good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Yup, Just got the Sybex book for the 291....Right off hand it looks like an expansion of the N+ test...But I am sure once all the backround info is discussed in the book it will jump right into the server side.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, good luck with 291 :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete