Options

Passed 294

cashewcashew Member Posts: 122 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got back after scoring a 952. I'm very surprised of my score being so high, although this was the most interesting exam I've studied for. The questions were longer than most which was intimidating, but it was very easy to pick out the answers. I read the mspress book once then skimmed through it a second time and used transcenders with a VM lab. As long as you know the material, this one is cake by process of elimination. 42q including 3 sims. Time for 298 to complete MCSE! Thanks once again to Royal for answering my various questions throughout my studies.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought 294 was easier than 291/293 as well because the material was more interesting. Congrats on passing and good luck with 298!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I agree that it seemed easier to pick out the correct answers for this particular exam. Good luck with your last exam ;)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and kick-ass score! Good luck on 298.
    cashew wrote:
    Thanks once again to Royal for answering my various questions throughout my studies.

No problem! Glad I could help. icon_thumright.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

I am doing this one Thursday 07/12
  • Options
    Good luck Silver Bullet!
  • Options
    Good luck Silver, like I said before the process of elimination is obvious on most questions. I.E.

You want to configure the replication between site 1 and 2 to happen every 15min. What should you do?

A) Edit the site link properties in ADSS
    B) Edit the site link properties in DSA
    C) Authoritatively restore the Computers OU
    D) Configure server1 to store the DNS database in Active Directory
  • Options
    That's a tough choice between B, C, and D.
  • Options
    Well maybe it's not that obvious, but you get the picture. :D Hey Royal, how long did you wait until you took 298 after 294?
  • Options
    kellyckellyc Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing with a good score like that.

I passed it today too but only made an 857 and my experience of this test was quite different. It was pretty difficult for me. I didn't get through all 42 questions until about 15 minutes were left. I reviewed the questions I'd marked until one minute was left. Most people say this is the easiest test but to me it seemed the hardest. Go figure. I guess the mind's the first thing that goes or something.
  • Options
    cashew wrote:
    Hey Royal, how long did you wait until you took 298 after 294?

Indefinitely. I took 297 due to my company request since we do a lot of AD design for clients. I think I took about 2 weeks with 30 hours per week of study.
  • Options
    I will probably stick with 297 as well. The only thing I could think of that I would need to study for is the whole case study format. Looking at the objectives from the test there doesn't seem to be any new material. When you say 30 hours a week for two weeks did you just study the case format questions through practice engines, or did you read the ms press? I figure 294 fresh on my mind I want to tackle this one ASAP.
  • Options
    So far I've done a few case studies from transcenders and got most of the answers right. I'm going to book this one for the 23rd.