janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    congrats!

i'm going to take this test on saturday. are there any areas i should be especially concerned about? what was easiest/hardest thing about the test?
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    happy420goluckyhappy420golucky Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats,
    I would like to add that I only used this site for a reference when I obtained my NETWORK+ cert. icon_lol.gif
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations!
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
  • Options
    gonediggingonediggin Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey muyloco286,

i couldnt pinpoint the most difficult topic area, the scenario questions were the toughest because you have to interpret the question and apply what you studied from the objectives to it,

there was a few osi model questions, a few questions about which protocol would be used for certain tasks (snmp for management, smtp for mail, etc) but there was no questions about the port numbers for certain protocols,

there was a few interoptability questions (client services for netware, gateware services for netware, file and print services for netware, and also SMB for Unix)

Kerberos for authentication in windows, and a question about credentials being stored in the session ticket for access to resources in a microsoft environment.

hope that helps,
    i used preplogic practice tests, transcender practice tests and flash cards, and the sybex book from awhile ago, i believe 2003,
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    thanks, it does help.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go ! Keep it up.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino